cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 3 streamed in VR but...

Vitalogy
Protege
From http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-connect-3-schedule-stream-twitch-nextvr-virtual-reality/
For those unable to attend the conference, Carmack confirmed via a tweet today that the conference will be streamed via Twitch and in virtual reality via NextVR, a firm known for streaming sporting and other events in VR through their Gear VR app.

So the conference will be streamed in VR on Gear VR only...? Really?

Stupid me, thinking that the Rift was their flagship product.

28 REPLIES 28

CrashFu
Consultant
If it's on Twitch, maybe it will at least show up in the Oculus Video app?  They've got that whole section for Twitch vids...  (not that I've ever heard of a single one of the channels showcased there)

Worst case, you could meet up with some friends in Bigscreen and watch the Twitch feed together there.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

mbze430
Rising Star
Don't you all think it's kind of weird that you can only watch the VR version on NextVR app (which doesn't have support for Rift).

It almost feel like they want to exclude their Rift customers.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

FUNmvallance
Honored Guest
Just posted something similar.
I want RIFT to succeed as it is great for me in Education, but if they are not bothering supporting their own tech for their own conference ... what does that say?

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Oculus should support their own products, I think.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
everytime i have an issue and i contact support, I get no answers..nothing!!
trust me Oculus have a good product but they have no clue. it is almost like they have never run a business b4?

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

nAV2016 said:

trust me Oculus have a good product but they have no clue. it is almost like they have never run a business b4?

VR will fail! :smile:
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
@RorschachPhoenix
I do not think it will, its to massive to flop and it can be seen that its already a success, it actually works

Flausn
Expert Protege

nAV2016 said:

VR will fail! :smile:

you will fail in VR ^^

xxdanglenutzxx
Protege
well thats some bullsh*t.. I was hoping to watch it today..I guess youtube might have it, but thats lame as hell if they are screwing over the rift customers when samsung vr was free if you bought a new phone lol