cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon UK possible leak for Touch UK Price + Retail release date!

Anonymous
Not applicable
£189.99, and it’s apparently shipping on November 23rd.
NOTE: This is the retail release, people who pre-ordered could still get it before hand like the rift.(was meant to anyway.) 

http://uploadvr.com/amazon-leaks-possible-oculus-touch-date-price/ ;
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
well least if you order it with amazon you've got time to cancel it without being charged 🙂

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
yeah thats what i was thinking, at least this way, its coming, going through oculus is a bit risky in my case in terms of track record and faied delivery attempt.
Its all about the preorder from Oculus and lead time to get the damn thing..im actually excited. I have hardly touched the rift because i am waiting for my kinda game and i can feel it coming!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah fair enough, I'm hoping if you are a pre-order and get it through Oculus you will receive it quicker than Amazon but we will find out soon  :#

elboffor
Consultant
And the release date on amazon.com
Product Details
Release date: December 31, 2016
Yet amazon.co.uk is
Product Details
Release date: 23 Nov 2016
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
You also have to factor in the high price of delivery from Oculus. Whether it's considered worth it or whatever is by-the-by, it's a cost you don't get from Amazon and I don't think Oculus will be doing the Rift pre-order crowd any more favours.
For me, the date is okay, too, as it gives me time to get the funds together selling some older stuff.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Blueman
Honored Guest
Do the Touch controllers actually need another lighthouse? I guess 2 improves the area coverage but I think it will not be essential. Maybe there wont be an extra included with Touch.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
30% discount and free delivery to all pre order's mate, confirmed (in my virtual world 😉 )
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer

Techy111 said:

30% discount and free delivery to all pre order's mate, confirmed (in my virtual world 😉 )

I almost canceled my amazon order 😮

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blueman said:

Do the Touch controllers actually need another lighthouse? I guess 2 improves the area coverage but I think it will not be essential. Maybe there wont be an extra included with Touch.

I've heard a dev say you can use it with 1 camera but you get much better tracking with 2.

In a 'front facing' setup it helps keep tracking going if one hand blocks another etc
In the 'opposite top corners' setup like the Vive you can now do roomscale.

So it all depends on your needs 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm on the phone to Palmer at the moment. He has some special needs ? Not sure what that means 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.