Oculus touch pre-order priority status with updated email address [SOLVED] — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus touch pre-order priority status with updated email address [SOLVED]

YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
Art3mis
edited October 2016 in General
Hi guys,

I just received the mail about the priority place to pre-order Touch. (supper happy to finally see it comming! :D )

I have a question, probably only @cybereality can help but since I may not be the only one in that case, I found it usefull to ask here.

I have pre-ordered my rift 1st day with an email address. I recently changed the e-mail address attached to my Oculus ID via the Oculus App.

To get my priority pre-order in do I  need to use the old email address (that is not my oculus account anymore since I use a new one), or the current one attached to my Oculus account.

I got the mail about it in the new email address. That's why I'm asking. If your system has correctly updated my account settings, you should be able to retreive my january pre-order status without any problem.

(I hope my question make sense ^^")

The only Oculus site that I can still log in with the old email is the support, where you submit and respond to tickets

I still have the other email, and I could just put it back as my Oculus account email, and pre-order this way, if it simplify everything

(I really really want this to go as smoothly as possible!)

EDIT by cybereality: Solution here: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/443205/#Comment_443205

CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/

Comments

  • ConstellationConstellation Posts: 211
    Art3mis
    I'm in the same boat however I no longer have access to my old email address. I'd appreciate some guidance in advance of the pre-order!
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 370
    Nexus 6
    Same here received my email this morrning when I checked my emails,  When I first ordered my rift it was as a unregistered user so my rift order dose not show on my oculus account
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,312
    Wintermute
    I'd register a support ticket and quickly, as it will only be Oculus that can sort this one for you.
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 370
    Nexus 6
    Greyman said:
    I'd register a support ticket and quickly, as it will only be Oculus that can sort this one for you.
    On my oculus account it shows my Headset and Sensor serial numbers ok and the email address is the same as the unregistered order so I'm not going to bother with a support ticket
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,312
    Wintermute
    sry @leo1954au , i should have aimed my comment better, it was the OP, who would probably be better to use his original address and @JeffBail who i was replying to.  

    You should see my aim in DCS World, it's no better.  :)

  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 370
    Nexus 6
    Greyman said:
    sry @leo1954au , i should have aimed my comment better, it was the OP, who would probably be better to use his original address and @JeffBail who i was replying to.  

    You should see my aim in DCS World, it's no better.  :)


    No problems I've done the same thing before,  Never played DCS world I'm more a ww1 flight sim person
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    I am in the same boat. I ordered with one email account but now linked to another. My old email account expires Dec 1 so I don't know what will happen.
  • Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 568
    Trinity
    I've yet to receive any mail... and my reservation on the oculus order pare has disappeared...
    Should i worry?
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    edited October 2016
    I received an email "Because you pre-ordered Oculus Rift on Oculus.com, you're eligible for priority status..."to my new email address but I can't find any proof now that I reserved the Oculus Touch. I'm not going to be happy tomorrow if I have any trouble per-ordering Oculus Touch. I have waited long enough.
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,312
    Wintermute
    did you order the Rift on a guest account or on an accont that you had set up?
    apparently guest orders can be accessed via another route.

    Either way, i suspect that you will still be able to pre-order one and it might then not be a bad idea to contact Oculus to make sure that your place in line is still there.
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    My email also says
    "You must complete your Touch pre-order before 11:59pm PT on Thursday, October 27 2016—after that date, you'll no longer be eligible for priority status "
    So we have until October 27. Does that mean people who pre-order Oct. 10 have priority over those who pre-order Oct 27?  If I have any problems ordering tomorrow I don't want to get pushed to the back of the queue while I sort it out with Oculus.
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
    Art3mis
    Greyman said:
    [...]

    Either way, i suspect that you will still be able to pre-order one and it might then not be a bad idea to contact Oculus to make sure that your place in line is still there.
    This is what I'm planning to do.

    The old email address is hosted on a home server that I'm planning to get rid of on the near future
    (I made this stupid choice 5 years ago because I like to mess with linux, and I'm dumb. now, I'm sick of administrating postfix, sick of my shitty internet going down, and the sever is a 10 years old laptop with a 10 years old hard drive. I had 3 hard drive dying this year, I'm paranoid now. I have backups but putting the server back online will take time, and I don't want to miss any emails)

    This is why I changed the email address of all my online account, including the oculus one, to the new one.

    I made my Rift pre-order with my account, not as a gest with just an email, and my rift appears on my profile page (well, 2 rift actually, I had to RAM the first one because it was disconnecting the HDMI all the time and overheating.) and oculus sent the email to the new one.

    The thing that is reassuring, is that we have 17 days to have this done. So I'm planning to, as always refresh the page like crazy and get the pre-order with my account and current email, and confirm with the support that everything is good. (if not, 17 days are enough to fix it).

    I seriously hope that Oculus made everything in their power for having the maximum of people with Touch either shipped or arriving on December 6th. This will make this holiday season so awesome.

    I think, like a lot of people, each time I play with the rift I want my hands tracked. At my engineering schools we have a Vive, the increased tracking area and the hand controllers are awesome.

    Also, not related but, the pre-order day is just for touch, we have to wait December 6 to order a 3rd sensor, right?

    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

    I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,592 Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2016
    zboson said:
    My email also says
    "You must complete your Touch pre-order before 11:59pm PT on Thursday, October 27 2016—after that date, you'll no longer be eligible for priority status "
    So we have until October 27. Does that mean people who pre-order Oct. 10 have priority over those who pre-order Oct 27?  If I have any problems ordering tomorrow I don't want to get pushed to the back of the queue while I sort it out with Oculus.
    I believe it means that people who pre-ordered Rift have a priority place in line ahead of everyone else who pre-orders Touch. Our reserved place in line is based on the place in line we had for Rift, which is why we don't have to rush--as long as we confirm our intent to buy before Oct. 27, we can claim that spot in line.

    The only people jockeying for position tomorrow are the people without the Rift pre-order priority, but they won't get a spot in line ahead of any of us with Rift pre-order priority.

    In the end, it may not matter a great deal--by December they may have enough Touch stock to ship all pre-orders right away.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Superman217Superman217 Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    It would be nice if they shipped the Pre-Order Priority ones on the 27th or 28th of Oct.  I think that would make us Pre-Order folks feel special again.  =)  Just sayin'   

    Plus I feel it would really make up for all of the waiting we had to do.  I know, I know,  keep dreaming.....  =)


    Ryzen 7 1700 | MSI Tomahawk B350 | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 RGB | nVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,312
    Wintermute
    @nalex66, are you certain that the order of the line will be the same as that for the Rift or are you just guessing that it might be.  All i have seen from Oculus, from when the Rift preorders first opened, was just that you would be able to reserve a space to preorder the Touch and i have never seen anything about the same sequence as the Rift queue being used.  Maybe i've missed something?
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
    Art3mis
    Greyman said:
    @nalex66, are you certain that the order of the line will be the same as that for the Rift or are you just guessing that it might be.  All i have seen from Oculus, from when the Rift preorders first opened, was just that you would be able to reserve a space to preorder the Touch and i have never seen anything about the same sequence as the Rift queue being used.  Maybe i've missed something?
    It has been said in january that by pre-ordering Rift, we "reserved a place in line to pre-order Touch".

    But I don't know if it is that we will be pushed in front of the queue or if we have the "same place" in front of the queue has we put the our Rift orders...
    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

    I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    zboson said:
    My email also says
    "You must complete your Touch pre-order before 11:59pm PT on Thursday, October 27 2016—after that date, you'll no longer be eligible for priority status "
    So we have until October 27. Does that mean people who pre-order Oct. 10 have priority over those who pre-order Oct 27?  If I have any problems ordering tomorrow I don't want to get pushed to the back of the queue while I sort it out with Oculus.
    I believe it means that people who pre-ordered Rift have a priority place in line ahead of everyone else who pre-orders Touch. Our reserved place in line is based on the place in line we had for Rift, which is why we don't have to rush--as long as we confirm our intent to buy before Oct. 27, we can claim that spot in line.

    The only people jockeying for position tomorrow are the people without the Rift pre-order priority, but they won't get a spot in line ahead of any of us with Rift pre-order priority.

    In the end, it may not matter a great deal--by December they may have enough Touch stock to ship all pre-orders right away.
    This is what I think, too. But without an official confirmation it is just a guess.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,592 Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Greyman said:
    @nalex66, are you certain that the order of the line will be the same as that for the Rift or are you just guessing that it might be.  All i have seen from Oculus, from when the Rift preorders first opened, was just that you would be able to reserve a space to preorder the Touch and i have never seen anything about the same sequence as the Rift queue being used.  Maybe i've missed something?
    I'm pretty sure of the "place in line" thing. There was plenty of discussion about it back in January when Rift pre-orders were taken.

    Palmer tweeted this at the time: "Good news, everyone: When you preorder Rift, you also reserve your spot for Touch preorders. First in line for Rift=First in line for Touch."
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • heyman77heyman77 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I just ordered a Oculus rift on Oct 10th, does it qualify to be on the priority list of Touch?
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    heyman77 said:
    I just ordered a Oculus rift on Oct 10th, does it qualify to be on the priority list of Touch?
    You're about 9 months too late, it was only for pre-orders

  • heyman77heyman77 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TwoHedWlf said:
    heyman77 said:
    I just ordered a Oculus rift on Oct 10th, does it qualify to be on the priority list of Touch?
    You're about 9 months too late, it was only for pre-orders

    Thank you @TwoHedWlf , so looks like I can only order when it's available for public, in Dec?
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    You can still pre-order the touch, you'll just be in line behind people who pre-ordered a rift.
  • Adder500Adder500 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Another possibility is that Oculus have 'reserved' a portion of the overall Touch stock that covers every person that pre-ordered the Rift and registered their interest in Touch. That would mean that as long as you place your order before the deadline, you'd be guaranteed to get them and if you don't, your controllers will be 'released' back into general stock ready for the December ship date.
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,312
    Wintermute
    Adder500 said:
    Another possibility is that Oculus have 'reserved' a portion of the overall Touch stock that covers every person that pre-ordered the Rift and registered their interest in Touch. That would mean that as long as you place your order before the deadline, you'd be guaranteed to get them and if you don't, your controllers will be 'released' back into general stock ready for the December ship date.
    That's the scenario that my money is on, as I had taken the "a place in line" message to be to reassure peeps that they would get first dibs on being able to preorder one.  Otherwise, more specific words would and should have been used, perhaps something like "You will maintain the same position in the Touch line as you were in the Rift line".  

    OK, so i'm no wordsmith, but we do all appear to be guessing at the moment.
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    Adder500 said:
    Another possibility is that Oculus have 'reserved' a portion of the overall Touch stock that covers every person that pre-ordered the Rift and registered their interest in Touch. That would mean that as long as you place your order before the deadline, you'd be guaranteed to get them and if you don't, your controllers will be 'released' back into general stock ready for the December ship date.
    I think the whole thing is nuts, imagine preordering a rift and finding out that u are reserved in in the same order as the preorders from the rift.....some of us waited months?
    Only Oculus could come up with this idea if its even a reality?? which i doubt..
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
    Art3mis
    edited October 2016
    So, to finally answer the original question, if you have your order, on your Oculus account, log-in before placing your Touch pre-order. Then you'll have this on your order history page :

    Pre-order
    Congratulations: your prior Rift preorder qualifies you to have a preferred place-in-line for your Touch preorder!
    Estimated shipping dates: Dec 06 - Dec 15

    Edit : how do you mark a thread as answered? I can't find the button anywhere ^^"

    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

    I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
  • ConstellationConstellation Posts: 211
    Art3mis
    Same here. Also everyone please note that the "preferred place-in-line" message does not appear in the confirmation email -- it's only on the confirmation screen -- so don't worry just be happy you'll be holding the Touch soon enough!

    AFAIK I don't think you can mark a thread as answered or close it. Hopefully @cybereality can do that for us because this thread has already derailed and we'll be getting a lot of notifications.
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 552
    Trinity
    JeffBail said:
    Same here. Also everyone please note that the "preferred place-in-line" message does not appear in the confirmation email -- it's only on the confirmation screen -- so don't worry just be happy you'll be holding the Touch soon enough!


    It's also visible when viewing your order status online.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    No prob. Locked thread and edited w/ solution.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
This discussion has been closed.