New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Faulty Oculus Rift Headset

COBRA73COBRA73 Posts: 10
NerveGear
Hi

My Oculus Rift headset has just stopped working, constant hardware error issue.

Hi There

I have been very happy with my oculus rift headset , up untill now , as i went to use my headset today i am constantly getting a hardware error, the headset keeps disconecting when i am using it. the slightest movement and the oculus disconects. I am no longer able to use my headset, i have tried the headset on a friends pc and have tried his cable and  and it is doing the same thing
Please could you help me with this as i am already missing my Oculus Rift and am looking forward to.using it again.
I havent as yet received any further corespondence on this, I have Been provided with a support ticket, does anyone know the turn around time on how long support  takes to get back with an update, as i have just this minute pre ordered the oculus touch and am looking forward to using it.

Many Thanks for any help on this matter
Ian Stewart 

Comments

• birkbirk Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    try to take of the foam face plate and check if the cable is plugged in all the way, It might just be a little loose
  • COBRA73COBRA73 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    the headset display will only come on if i tap on the top of the headset, then it goes off , i have used my friends cable which def works, and it does the same hardware error on his pc which he uses for his oculus rift. i think its a hardware error. thanks for the reply
    NerveGear
    Thanks for following up with this information!
    I was awaiting your reply with thing information before I could get back to you, so I apologize for any confusion as to having waited the weekend without a response.
    Taking at look at your DxDiag your GPU does not meet our required system specs to support the Rift. i have a gtx 780 ti sli set up) and have been using these cards without any issues , (so that dosent make sense
    You can find these specifications by clicking here.
    I would definitely recommend running your system throgh our Compatibility Tool to see where upgrades would need to be made, and also checking on future systems that you could use the Rift on.
    Are you able to try using the Rift on a system that meets or exceeds these specifications?
    Let me know how this goes for you!
    Regards,

and my response

i am surprised by your response , i have been using this pc with no issues the 1st day i got my rift, so it is nothing to do with not meeting expectations, i have also tried my rift on my friends pc and he has a i7 16 gig of ram and a 1080 gtx graphics card and the issue was the same on his pc, it seems like a hardware error inside the rift itself , as if it i tap on the top of the rift the headset screen will come on then go off again the same if i move the rigt whilst wearing it , please could you arrange for a suitable replacement to be sent out as i have also checked the cable and that is not the issue either this is a lot of money to me and i have just pre ordered the oculus touch

Many thanks
    Awaiiting your reply

Not sure where to go from here , is there a way to escalate this to a higher authority. as they dont seem to want to do anything about it , it seems
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Ok, so it sounds like you have a faulty cable, not a faulty headset.
    NerveGear
    hi, it may be a faulty cable , but there dosent appear to be an offer of sending out a replacement, im really not sure what is going on with oculus customer service to be honest ,
    thanks for your reply TwoHedWlf
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Can you send me a PM? Busy today, but I can look into it later this week. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV