cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh! The irony!

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
I'm just seeing a lot of ppl talking about the Touch, and many of them (us) saying, touch is what we need, touch is indespensable, the rift is nothing without the touch... and i think the same.
But since i love to self-criticise...
Who remember when we were saying: "Roome tracking is just a gimmic", "hand controllers are useles since games are better with controller"
Etc... etc... etc...
I laugh if i think back to that... jenuinly  😄 i mean i think is normal to look for reasons to not "want" what you can't have (yet) right?
And since i was one of those who said those thing, i just want to see... who else dares to admit he was wrong? 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

edmg
Trustee

Kalec84 said:

Who remember when we were saying: "Roome tracking is just a gimmic", "hand controllers are useles since games are better with controller"

Roomscale is a gimmick. And who said all games are better with Xbox controllers?

I have a Rift and a Vive. I haven't touched the Vive in weeks, because there's so little content worth turning it on for. Doesn't mean I don't want motion controllers for the Rift for the things they are better for.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
"we"? Who is this "we"? I think most of us wanted the better headset and were willing to miss motion controls for a few months for it. Whoever said motion controls or "room scale" is just a gimmick is hopelessly dense.

kzintzi
Trustee
as someone who didn't say that touch wasn't needed I can feel the warm glow of superiority in my ranting :tongue:

I am glad it's finally out - showed my brother (finally) the other day and he did the whole "OMG this is awesome, I keep wanting to reach out and touch stuff" thing.. told him touch was coming in a couple of months and he's told his wife he wants one now :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zandil
Rising Star
Can't remember anyone saying a game pad is better than hand tracked controllers ? 

Just that not every game requires Touch some will benefit more form a game pad and others from Touch, just as some games in VR are better with a Stick or wheel over Touch or a game pad.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Kalec84 said:

I'm just seeing a lot of ppl talking about the Touch, and many of them (us) saying, touch is what we need, touch is indespensable, the rift is nothing without the touch... and i think the same.
But since i love to self-criticise...
Etc... etc... etc...
I laugh if i think back to that... jenuinly  😄 i mean i think is normal to look for reasons to not "want" what you can't have (yet) right?
And since i was one of those who said those thing, i just want to see... who else dares to admit he was wrong? 🙂

Can you quote at least half of what you're getting all excited about? I have seen people excited about Touch; I haven't seen anyone pull a flip-flop viewpoint on the gimmick that is room-scale. I think you're happy dance thread is highly premature.

brantlew
Adventurer
Ha.  I can remember some people criticizing Oculus's development of positional tracking on the DK2 saying that it in-effect was a gimmicky feature and the only thing that we really needed was an improved resolution on the DK1.

Zandil
Rising Star

brantlew said:

Ha.  I can remember some people criticizing Oculus's development of positional tracking on the DK2 saying that it in-effect was a gimmicky feature and the only thing that we really needed was an improved resolution on the DK1.

Glad you didn't listen to them. 

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
As daddoofly said, most of us probably were content to get the better HMD and wait for the better motion input controllers than settle for the vive. I'm sure the sim only people could care less and might have said that, but give them a chance at sword fighting a skeleton and they may change their tune.

kzintzi
Trustee

OpticKing said:

As daddoofly said, most of us probably were content to get the better HMD and wait for the better motion input controllers than settle for the vive. I'm sure the sim only people could care less and might have said that, but give them a chance at sword fighting a skeleton and they may change their tune.

yeah.. I was a sim person, and definitely said that I wasn't bothered by waiting. but am very stoked it's coming.. just got my order in. v excited
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.