cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Logins for Touch Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of people asking about how do the claim their place in line for Touch if they ordered a Rift as a Guest, well I've just found this page: https://secure.oculus.com/guest/login/

I don't have a guest account so I cant test it, so if someone has a guest account, please let us know! 
22 REPLIES 22

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
Actually, this brings up a good point.  I had kind of forgotten that when I pre-ordered my Rift in January, I ordered under a Guest account (because at the time it wasn't very obvious that I could create an 'real' account on the website).  This was kind of a pain in the butt when I was checking (several thousand times) on my Rift order because I had to use that link you have above to have the system send me an email to check my Order Status.  

Since then I've obviously created an official account and I've ordered several games etc with my account. When I look at my Order History I see all the games I've bought but my Rift isn't in there.  So now you are making me worry that when I order the Touch today with my account... if it's going to recognize me as a Rift pre-order (the get priority in the line).  That is a bit concerning now.

My only comfort is that I am still using the same email address for the Guest order and my current account.  I did receive the email from Oculus telling me I have priority status... I guess I can just hope and pray unless somebody here knows how this works?

bones_nl
Honored Guest
I have a guest account due to getting the Kickstarter edition. There's
no info about the Touch pre-order on that order page, sadly. I also did
not get a specific email about it.

Apparently ordering with the same e-mail adress is sufficient to make use of the place in line, so here's hoping :smile:

Vitalogy
Protege
In January I've also pre-ordered with a guest account. This time I pre-ordered the Touch via my official account (that use the same email as when I've ordered as guest). No Rift in the history but they still detected my past order for the Rift as stated on the last page:

Congratulations: your prior Rift preorder qualifies you to have a preferred place-in-line for your Touch preorder!

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I also pre-ordered it as a guest and it appears to have picked that up.  I think they've linked the guest rift and your oculus account by your email address.

VRon
Honored Guest
I think they check Headset Serial Number on your account. 

Caillin
Explorer
As a Kickstarter backer, I just pre-ordered the touch using the same email address on my account as Kickstarter, and I have no notification anywhere that I have a place-in-line held.  Wondering if I'll need to cancel, and use the Guest login from my previous order, or just email support to have them link the addresses.

Once again, bad communication reigns supreme with Oculus and us KS backers.

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
There was a reddit post that kickstarters will not get a place in line.

Caillin
Explorer
From an Oculus employee?  I really wish they'd just communicate these things through official channels to stop the guesswork.  If that's the case then I'll stop worrying about it then.  Here's hoping there truly is enough stock this time around.

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Pretty sure there will be plenty, so I think not many people will have to wait. If they do, it probably wont be long.