cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i change my class?

xunknownx
Explorer
this game is pretty fun, i was doing the tutorial and i exit half way, then i returned to the game and "thought" i was continuing with the tutorial and i apparently picked the strife class and now i'm not able to change my class.  this class seriously sucks and i dont see any way i can change my class.
12 REPLIES 12

zboson
Superstar

HVS_Claire
Heroic Explorer
@xunknownx, that does suck. Unfortunately we don't have a way for you to switch factions yet without purchasing another with either cash or in-game gold. We've gotten similar complaints though and are considering a few solutions to improve the system. I don't have a timeline on a fix, though.

xunknownx
Explorer
thanks, looking forward to the changes.  i stopped playing after i got stuck with the strife class.

HVS_Claire
Heroic Explorer
Fair enough. If you decide to give it another shot, shoot me a message and I'll give you some Strife tips.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Yeah I picked a deck that I didn't want to use permanently.  I thought it said that all were unlocked so I picked one just to quick play and decided I didn't want that deck.  Then I couldn't switch out :neutral:

BlackMink
Explorer
Hi, I just happened to wander in here and thought I would share some ideas on this.

1. I don't recall the game giving a "are you sure? yes / no" confirmation when choosing your first free faction choice. That would be helpful to this problem, unless it's already there and I just don't remember it.

2. One of the big reasons people will have this problem is because of presentation. Choosing your faction *looks* the same as every other menu in this game. You need to spice it up. Make the faction choice window look extremely different and more colorful. Show nice big colorful pictures of the factions, in a nice big window so that the player will recognize that they are seeing something special, and hopefully pay more attention.

3. The game does a poor job of communicating the fact that you will only get ONE faction. Upon first playing the game, you go directly into the tutorials where you are forced to play as all four. It does kinda seem like all four are available. Then suddenly it gives you this simple list and the announcer says an off handed remark about giving you your first faction for free. There needs to be something in here, probably before or during the tutorials that clearly lets players know that they will only get one faction for free.

4. Pretty much all of the game's effort to explain important stuff is done through the announcer voice. What about people who are hard of hearing, deaf, or have somehow managed to break the headphones on their rift? How likely are they to understand an important message like "you only get one for free".

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought I made the wrong decision when I went with Thorns to begin with since I kept loosing badly but after getting a few booster packs and learning how the cards work then I really started to like them.

In the end I don't think it really matters what faction you pick at the start since we all have access to those 'neutral' cards that seem pretty good and you just have to learn the play style of the faction. It's down to the player if you win not what faction you pick 🙂

VeeRealMcCoy
Explorer
"...this class seriously sucks."

I'd like to putt this gently: the problem lies not with Strife.

Lol, sorry.

2leggs
Honored Guest
Let me just say I started with eclipse who has the lowest win ratio of all the decks apparently with the lowest defense rate and I kick ass. All my other decks were bought through earned gold alone. An i've seen strife in action. It's very powerful and can put units right in front of the enemy stronghold for direct damage. It's about how you play with your deck and customize it.