Sightseer
Edit: Removed
47 REPLIES 47

Ibsn87
Sightseer

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I think maybe Oculus should just stop selling to Australia, I'm pretty sure all the whining and complaining about charges I've seen has come from Australia.  It's got to be more trouble than it's worth.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I said a while back ... it cut half the problems down for a while anyways. I find them more funny now than annoying anyways xD OP/OP friend gets all work up - someone later comes in and explain shit again - then move on because their tunnel focus doesn't understand their own laws - and then they understand even though they don't still wanna except they are still getting it way cheaper than what Vive would be costing them making Oculus the fair guy in this deal following all the AUS rules and tax guide lines that their country setup.  

Sadly - there are ton of good AUS that understand and can live/understand what's going. These are just a few that like to poison the well now and then sadly. Trust me - it's not the whole country - it's just a few "winners" in life that can't understand what's going on.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Ibsn87 said:

I wouldn't leave my customers hanging like that, and I break down every cost in the receipt. It's pretty basic stuff if you want to keep paying customers not feeling jibbed.

Can we have a look to your epic product that you're using for comparison?

Also, this is a pre-order situation, not a final sale. I guess you've never allowed your customers to "hang" on a pre-order? I pre-ordered Touch and do not feel jibbed or left hanging. Mostly cause I can think rationally.

kojack
MVP
MVP

TwoHedWlf said:

I think maybe Oculus should just stop selling to Australia, I'm pretty sure all the whining and complaining about charges I've seen has come from Australia.  It's got to be more trouble than it's worth.

ibaqwz3ycr5o.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Ibsn87
Sightseer

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Ibsn87 said:

Your still talking tax, and the receipt says we are yet to be charged tax. Omfg.

I must not have the Trump logic.

And here I was thinking that you're good at the Trump logic...

Ibsn87
Sightseer

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Effects many consumers world wide but only like 3 posts on the official forum about it. Yeah, way beyond reason.

kzintzi
Trustee
dude you gotta chill out - I'm in Australia and sure we get stung lots by companies a lot (though Oculus isn't doing that here), but you're approaching this forum the wrong way.

it's the usual GST that Oculus has to pay here in Oz.. move on mate.

and @TwoHedWlf , don't say that!!! we is nice over here mostly :smile: besides, Steam already don't sell a lot of stuff here (steam controller anyone), I'd hate to think Oculus would do the same :trollface:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.