cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Touch orders - expected delivery date change (surprise!)

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The inevitable date change from Nov 23rd has come - but it ain't 10th December, either!

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Oculus Touch Controller"
Estimated arrival date: December 06 2016

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
23 REPLIES 23

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Just do what I'll do, wait 3 years and buy guitar hero for a fiver 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

GenetixStudio
Superstar
In the back of my head, I keep dreaming that sometime in the next week or so my Touch controllers will just show up - Oculus taking steps to deliver early and giving us all a great surprise. Ultimately, that is not likely going to happen but Dec. 6th is not all that far away from now anyways - the important thing is that there is not another delay. If my preorder ships on the 6th, or even arrives that day I'll be extremely happy.

Just want more.

CrashFu
Consultant

danknugz said:

I love how they listed the "rock band connector" as a bullet point for selling all of touch. Seriously?

What if we never intended on playing rock band? Yes it was real cool of Palmer lickey to get up on stage with a plastic guitAr and yell "rock on" I got really excited. But I think it is unfair to force people to pay for this stupid connector by bundling it with touch, unless they bundle the actual game with it.

I really don't appreciate these strong arm tactics by Oculus just like with the Xbox controller.

Palmer Lickey, so named for the sweet guitar licks he is famous for. :lol:

Btw, much like the Xbox controller, I guarantee this rock band thingamajig will have been packaged in at a completely negligible cost for Oculus and thus won't have influenced the cost of the Touch package in any way,  in the same way that the Xbox controller was GIVEN to you FOR FREE  (and free for you to sell for a nice profit, if you hate having it so much).

Essentially, Microsoft supplied Oculus with gamepads dirt-cheap, to establish their controller as THE controller for Gamepad-based VR  (and to reinforce that whole "you need Windows 10 if you want to do PC VR" thing, I imagine).

And these rock band thingums were packaged in just to promote Rock Band VR.   People who get Touch will see this accessory for Rock Band and it'll make them more interested in trying the game out, if they weren't already. Also it would have been a huge pain for people to pick up this game, which AFAIK is only being sold digitally, and then realize they have to go online and order one of these accessories separately to use with it.  That kind of hassle would have been a negative in the game's reviews.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Funmotion
Protege
This kind of bad to have it shipped at this time due to the holidays. more chances of items getting lost in the mail also