cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps download but don't install - S6 Edge

MarkPainter
Explorer
Hi Folks. Just done a complete factory reset on my Samsung S6 edge. Gear VR software installs ok, but when I select download for any of my purchased apps, they download, briefly flash 'installing' but don't install. And the status goes back to download.
Any suggestions please. as it's driving me nuts.
7 REPLIES 7

jwarsher77
Honored Guest
Welcome to Samsung. Same issue here. Except, factory reset phone now everything I paid for, all in my library gone. All download, none install. First dealt with exploding phone now this. Oh to top it off, they never honored according to T-Mobile giving me a free Gear second generation for my exploding phone, replacement and now the edge. Good riddance. Long time here Note 1. Never again.

CharSmith92
Honored Guest
Also having the same issue! Com.Facebook.system says uninstall or force stop no enable option

stenopo
Explorer
I’m suffering the same issue 😞

alexandre_kouka
Honored Guest
This is not Samsung. That's FB pushing their gaming headsets by suffocating gear vr users. I would buy but they have nothing to offer except for games. Shame on them.

bennettjason1980
Honored Guest
having same problem
only way i was able to even get prologue to install was to find a apk of it online
we shouldn't have to do that
its like there is some api error then it deletes the install file
if only we had the option to download and save the installer then maybe we could manually install our vr apps 

bennettjason1980
Honored Guest
[update]
ok looks like after i added a payment method and enough time passed for it to be verified i received a update to the oculus for gear vr software now it is working as it should.

sooooooo......., ya it looks like entering a payment method and it clearing as valid is mandatory......... 
please note that validation of payment method can take any ware from 1 hour to 1 week depending on payment method and bank used

took my paypal 2 days after that i received a update and now it all works as it should

Azharmalik
Honored Guest
M also unable to install purchased app....