cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘VR Sports Challenge’ Is New, Improved And The Perfect Bundled Title For Oculus Touch

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://uploadvr.com/vr-sports-challenge-new-improved-perfect-oculus-touch-launch-title/ ;

Good article, wasn't so bothered about it before but now really looking forward to playing it 🙂

You guys looking forward to trying it out?
27 REPLIES 27

bigmike20vt
Visionary
oh dear.. i suspected it was going to be americancentric but hoped it wouldnt be... come on guys, real football (soccer) is played all over the world, American football is played in  America (Mostly North America at that isnt it?).... there are places outside of the USA and we have supported VR too......  Its not like I am demanding we have caber tossing or kabaddi but what about soccer, tennis,  golf, snooker/pool, boxing, badminton, table tennis, cricket, .. the list goes on.

There is so much stuff which has a wider appeal world wide imo.

(incidenally I can imagine pingpong would be a fabulous use of touch. its mostly forward facing and you need a smaller area than a full tennis court and could help with fitness)

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

falken76
Expert Consultant

Bloodlet said:

Can't help the feeling that when people read "VR sport challenge" they'll be thinking "Wii sports" and that's enough to pigeon hole VR with the wii and the fun for a few minutes (but not worth the money) that it brought.

Really not excited by this title and wish they'd added a shooter into the bundle instead.

I'm glad they included it.  The trailer makes it look very interesting at the least.  I am personally sick of shooters, they're all the same game with a different skin, rinse and repeat since 1998.

tmxmra
Protege

(incidenally I can imagine pingpong would be a fabulous use of touch. its mostly forward facing and you need a smaller area than a full tennis court and could help with fitness)

A genuine VR ping pong (or table tennis) game is exactly what I would be looking for...ideally with online play... I even enjoyed the table tennis on Wii Sports Resort a whole lot.

Infact, who cares if Wii sports (and sports resort) is a novelty kind of title, the oculus touch controllers could do with a Wii Sports style experience.... (archery, shooting, bowling, ping pong, frizbee golf) .. why not? sounds fun!

Wheatabits
Expert Protege
That's a good point.  One of the most played titles for me on the Kinect was the table tennis in the sports bundle.  My friends and I probably put 100 hours into that haha!  I would kill to have that on Rift.

CrashFu
Consultant
All American Sports? Come on, Baseball hasn't been a popular sport here for decades!  Also they've got Hockey, which I'm pretty sure only Canadians play.  (and the Hockey game has a Boxing mini-game in it)

Kidding, just kidding.

But seriously though, I bet they wish they could have included Soccer aka Football for everyone outside America, but that wouldn't make a good Touch game for obvious reasons.. I mean they could do a Goalie Shot-Blocking Challenge but I feel like that would result in too many people diving head-first into furniture.

Also I'm sure we'll see some VR Olympics games soon enough.  I bet the VR Curling experience will be quite popular. 🙂
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I vote for Track & Field VR 🙂

CrashFu
Consultant
What we really need is a VR game for sports that don't really exist any more, or that you'd get arrested for if you tried to play them in your backyard in real life.

Like lawn darts. See if they can license the blood-and-gore engine Tripwire developed for Killing Floor 2, for a dramatized depiction of why this game has been banned in the U.S. since 1988.  :lol:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

JED44
Rising Star
@CrashFu how about full blown medieval jousting ( i know about valiant, but something a bit more polished)

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

CrashFu said:

Also I'm sure we'll see some VR Olympics games soon enough.  I bet the VR Curling experience will be quite popular. 🙂

A VR curling game :lol: Man, that sounds exciting!

tmxmra
Protege

Mr.Creepy said:

A VR curling game :lol: Man, that sounds exciting!

Sounds like just the way to stretch the old legs in between bouts of VR knitting.