New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How furious are you that you cannot activate games purchased with oculus store thru steam?

TheMustardTigerTheMustardTiger Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited October 2016 in Off-Topic
Consider that the oculus store now has a game that requires a uplay account.

How furious are you that you cannot activate games purchased with oculus store thru steam? 2 votes

Extremely furious
50%
TheMustardTiger 1 vote
Ready to jump over to vive
0%
Don't care, gave up on oculus long ago
50%
mbze430 1 vote

Comments

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    That's not an issue with the Oculus store, complain to the game's developer.  And anyway why would you expect it to?  It costs Steam and Oculus money to distribute a game to you, and they don't get their cut if you buy it somewhere else
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,822 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah I'd probably go with a mildly disappointed with the devs option if there was one
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,204 Valuable Player
    and the winner for the most biased, and therefore pointless poll goes to............................

PS if you buy GTA V or ETS2  direct last i looked you did not get a steam key, neither if you buy anything from uplay, or origin either......

infact, unless its a steamworks game the devs are under no obligation to supply one.  I agree it is nice when they do however but steam are not a charity, and will not dish out keys for free AFAIK.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Frontier is the only one that does it, that I've run into anyway.  May be some others.  And occasionally you can put the key for a physical game into Steam.  But I'd call those the exceptions.
  • CrazyKate71CrazyKate71 Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    edited October 2016
    Your poll is biased as it does not offer a counterpoint.

My answer is I am not concerned.

I will buy a game wherever it is cheaper with a preference for Oculus Home for reasons which have been discussed a thousand times.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    My answer is I am not concerned, also
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    terrible choices, revise the poll to give a fair choice
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,822 Volunteer Moderator
    alas polls can't be edited... this one will have to stay as is, for anyone feeling generally quite angry
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,008 Valuable Player
    edited October 2016
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • HanoverHanover Posts: 549
    Neo
    edited October 2016
    • Never use Steam for VR.
  • mikjacmikjac Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    • About as furious as I get when BMW doesn't offer service for my Audi.
    Why in the world would Steam spend money (server capacity and support) servicing a product you didn't buy from them.
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 692
    Neo

Not concerned.
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,736 Volunteer Moderator
    I get more angry with the walnut falling off my walnut whip before eating it !!!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,529 Volunteer Moderator
    Consider that the oculus store now has a game that requires a uplay account.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with Oculus games giving free Steam keys?

Anyway, "Not Concerned". If I want a game on my Steam account, I'll buy it from Steam. I've bought a few VR games there, but overall, I'd prefer to have my VR content on Oculus Home.

You should be furious with yourself for buying from the wrong store, if that's how you feel about Oculus Home.

On a side note, I've bought a few Uplay games through Steam in the past, but I avoid doing that these days--having a game locked to two clients doubles the odds that you can't play it due to a store glitch or network problem. If a game needs to connect to a client, be it Steam, Uplay, Origin, or Oculus Home, then that's where I buy it.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    More than fine with having my VR games in the non cluttered Oculus store only.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • TjckTockTjckTock Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    Need a "Don't care - love the Oculus" option.
  • Hodders67Hodders67 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    wheres the i love Oculus but not arsed option?