cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How furious are you that you cannot activate games purchased with oculus store thru steam?

TheMustardTiger
Honored Guest
Consider that the oculus store now has a game that requires a uplay account.
17 REPLIES 17

Hanover
Rising Star
  • Never use Steam for VR.

mikjac
Protege
  • About as furious as I get when BMW doesn't offer service for my Audi.
Why in the world would Steam spend money (server capacity and support) servicing a product you didn't buy from them.

pjenness
Rising Star

Not concerned.
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I get more angry with the walnut falling off my walnut whip before eating it !!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Consider that the oculus store now has a game that requires a uplay account.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Oculus games giving free Steam keys?

Anyway, "Not Concerned". If I want a game on my Steam account, I'll buy it from Steam. I've bought a few VR games there, but overall, I'd prefer to have my VR content on Oculus Home.

You should be furious with yourself for buying from the wrong store, if that's how you feel about Oculus Home.

On a side note, I've bought a few Uplay games through Steam in the past, but I avoid doing that these days--having a game locked to two clients doubles the odds that you can't play it due to a store glitch or network problem. If a game needs to connect to a client, be it Steam, Uplay, Origin, or Oculus Home, then that's where I buy it.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Percy1983
Superstar
More than fine with having my VR games in the non cluttered Oculus store only.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

TjckTock
Explorer
Need a "Don't care - love the Oculus" option.

Hodders67
Protege
wheres the i love Oculus but not arsed option?