cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakthrough For Many Issues: 'UserModePowerService'

DNACowboy
Adventurer
Remember our friend '[DisplayManager] Failed to set power mode on NVidia adapter. -175
' ??

If users check Windows Event Viewer and select 'Windows Logs/System' they will discover numerous messages referring to 'Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (process ID:3556) reset policy scheme from {*****************************} to {******************************}

qmol81lzrjic.jpg

This is a deliberate decision by the developers in how OR configures the power for the headset, essentially, a combination of Windows and the hmd are constantly resetting the power policy to protect the life of the lens and save energy, unfortunately for us this causes many of the 'driving me crazy' disconnection issues. Now, Windows should not constantly be resetting power policy in reference to any device but (under instruction from the OR software) the OS does esp in Windows 7, 8 and 10, when that happens you can guarantee HDMI or Sensor disconnects.

So, with this in mind what we are going to do is force Windows to set one power policy and keep it, thereby preventing the vast majority of 'HDMI and usb sensor disconnects'

Go into your Windows power option settings and select 'High Performance', then 'advanced' and look for the USB settings, change 'Sleep mode' from enabled to Never.
2: In the Run Box bar type 'cmd', a window will appear, in that window type: POWERCFG -LIST
If you look you will see the different power plans listed and the one you just set called 'high performance'  with an asterisk next to it (indicating that this power plan is active) right click and copy the GUID (that series of numbers associated with the high performance setting) ) line, open notepad and paste, then save it somewhere on your desktop. 

Use-Specific-Power-Plan

3:  In the run box type: gpedit.msc, this opens the Local Group Policy Editor which will force windows to keep the performance plan that the Rift MUST have i order to work correctly.

Prevent Store Apps From Pinning To Start Screen When Installed Enable disable Load Sites And Content In The Background policy in Internet Explorer 11

In the left pane, navigate here:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Power Management

Specify a custom active power plan

4. In the right pane of the window shown above, double click Specify a custom active power plansetting which is Not Configured by default to get this:

Use-Specific-Power-Plan-2

5. In the above shown window, firstly click Enabled and then in the Options section, input the Custom Active Power Plan (GUID) as we copied from step 1. Click Apply followed by OK. You may close the Local Group Policy Editor now. 

6: When you go back into Power Options you should see this:

i6l08hvh512p.jpg

Finally, if you go back into Event Viewer and select 'Windows Logs/System' you should see:

4xvn6hfqlus7.jpg

See the top one?

(Also, note underneath the top one you can see OR Home is resetting the power policy every three seconds, no wonder people are getting hdmi and sensor disconnects!)

After this, you should never see a single error associated with 'UserModePowerService'

Source:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/specify-custom-active-power-plan-windows

edit. Asmedia have released a new usb driver in the lsat couple of weeks, I installed them and the problem remains if you allow Windows OS and Oculus software to constantly reset the power policy. I recommend the above policy to force Oculus Home to stop resetting and causing disconnects.

Who is John Galt?
80 REPLIES 80

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Most of us have no use for PRO so this is a extremely niche fix.

daef
Explorer

The-Hoff said:

I am now seeing this error on everyboot and I have googled the entire universe and not seen this error anywhere. Does anyone have a clue what it means?

18/10 20:47:20.999 {!ERROR!} [GuardianSubsystem]
Invalid type in SensorsStateFromString:
i have no idea what it means, but i have the same problem...

techinpost
Honored Guest
Hey good news, i found a webpage from which i get rid out of this type of error issue yesterday, now you can also check this once for getting rid of it completely: http://www.techinpost.com/how-fix-solve-windows-cannot-find-gpedit-msc-error-problem-issue/

The-Hoff
Protege
If any moderators are here, you want to get rid of this spammer above me.
Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formula & ROG - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card - Intel Core i7 7700k Kaby Lake - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Nvidia GTX 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray Player - Corsair RM850X - Windows 10 Pro - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Elite Mechanical - BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

cybereality
Grand Champion
While the post above does certainly seem like self promotion, it does also seem to be on topic. If the poster continues to post links to their site I will look into it further, but one link is OK.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ReptileBeast
Honored Guest
two days, reformatting, changing policies, tweaking the gpu and a usb2 adapter fixed it wtf

apakapluk
Honored Guest
Smadav 2019 Free Download All different antivirus can't be introduced with another antivirus, this is on the grounds that the antivirus intended for primary security in your PC. It's not the situation for Smadav, Smadav is an antivirus that is outlined as extra (second layer) insurance, so it's perfect and could be introduced and run together with another antivirus in your PC. Smadav utilizing their own system (conduct, heuristic, and whitelisting) to recognize and clean infection that enhances security in your PC.

Deepakkush114
Honored Guest
Well Its Interesting Error Might Be Your Windows Installation File Have Some Issue Or Only Some Files Are Installed..Well You Can Try Installing Fresh Copy Of Windows You Can Get It From Here Windows 8 Pro

b2own
Honored Guest
still a problem, this has to be the worst software ive ever installed on my PC