cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's Ordering Extra Sensors Today and How Many?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought it would be interesting to hear who will be ordering today and how many! 

If you are ordering more than one I'd be very interested to hear why 🙂

Personally I'm going to wait and test out the two sensor set up first.
65 REPLIES 65

Warbloke
Superstar
Don't tell me.... you didn't like his 'figure'.
"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing a 2m x 2.5m for my playspace, so I'll wait and see how two works out.

Also, why ask if people are buying 3? IIRC Home can only handle 4

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i am in the suck it and see camp as well.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
Were is the section to buy the sensor? o_o

Lemming1970
Rising Star

AndrewJ71 said:

How long is the cable? To put it in the other corner of my room I would need about 6m or so...

I saw some-one answered that it's 5m. But I don't think that's quite correct.

I believe it actually comes with a 5m extension cable. Meaning that would be added to the length of the usual cable on all sensors (about 2m maybe?)

Sorry, yes I stand corrected, standard cable length plus a 5m extension cable..
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Kalec84 said:

Were is the section to buy the sensor? o_o

https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/rift/

towards the bottom of the page.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
I'll wait. 89,00 € is a bit too much for me just for one sensor. I don't
have a lot of space either. So, maybe I'll get away with just the two.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

kojack
MVP
MVP

Nobbs66 said:

Also, why ask if people are buying 3? IIRC Home can only handle 4

4 at once.
But you could buy more than that to have some for travel and some permanently mounted, or for different rooms or something. Or buy 3 to go with the 1 from the CV1, but don't get Touch.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
I voted for, but decided against buying extra sensor since I will not use it till feb.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

HiThere_
Superstar
With my 7x7 feet (~2x2 meters) of VR space I'm closer to a 360° standing requirement then a room scale requirement, and I'm expecting two cameras placed in opposite corners to provide enough tracking for that : Losing tracking with that limited amount of VR space would mean I've wandered too far from the center and should step right back to the center before I extend my arms and bash my hands into something (or someone).