cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Nightmare - Old School VR

Enmark
Expert Protege
Hi. im Swedish guy with early dreams of VR since i first tried the "Virtuality" arcade machine "Nightmare" later called "Dactyl Nightmare". My goal is to bring my childhood dream back from the dead, for the historic value and because it was a lot of peoples first VR experience!

I have gain the original Programer and graphic designers blessing to recreate the game. but have failed to reach the actual owner of the Game.

The game will be Free of charge and should NOT be redistributed without my knowledge.

Everything is built from scratch and is measured by eye sight from this lone clip!
all 3D work is made in sketchup and all sound effects are taken from the original videoclip.

201 REPLIES 201

DarkTenka
Trustee
Sorry for bumping a really old thread, does anyone know where I can download this demo? The Oculus Share link just takes me to the store.

I would really like to play this, I saw it at an exhibit when I was like 8 years old, my brother got to play it but I never got a chance. Never saw it again after that .. this demo has some kind of nostalgia-retribution value to me.

Mr678
Honored Guest
I've got the files for it. Here.

(this should be the right one but if it isn't let me know I didn't check)

DarkTenka
Trustee

Mr678 said:

I've got the files for it. Here.

(this should be the right one but if it isn't let me know I didn't check)

omg .. sorry for the late reply. Forum didnt notify me, THANK YOU SO MUCH.. I will try it out when I get home.

Im hoping that LibOVR Wrapper will be enough to let me run it.

Thanks!!!

DarkTenka
Trustee
Unfortunately LibOVR Wrapper didnt work ... looking at it now it seems it is on SDK 4.2 ...  which is not supported by LibOVR yet :(.

I dont suppose you know of an easy way to get 0.4 games to run do you?

Oh well thanks for trying anyway... 

Hopefully Breton is actually still working on the CV1 version.

Enmark
Expert Protege
Hi. Yes i have it planed to be released sometimes in nov / Dec becaus i have to much to do for the moment. 

I have my CV1 and cant wait for the hand controllers to be released 

Love to everyone that still waits for a CV1 playable version ❤️

DarkTenka
Trustee
Thank you! I cant wait to check it out!

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Can't wait!

Enmark
Expert Protege
OK. im back on track...moving on to Unity 5 and run-time V1.9.0... some major groundwork to redo to make it compatible between the unity versions. 

Working on integrated multiplayer within unity 5 and when my Touch controllers is delivered they will be my number one priority 🙂 

DarkTenka
Trustee
Awesome!

3Dmon
Protege
I remember trying this out with the Virtuality system at the local summer fair in the 90's. Good work and please keep us updated.