cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware minimum vs nice experiance

thorschramme
Honored Guest
i ll receive my cv 1 tomorrow, And i ll see if my old setup 2x hd7990 s and the 4790 k with 32gb ram will stand the challenge, 

Feedback ll come ( i know my specs are pretty low, but we ll see)
17 REPLIES 17

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
VR games are in low quality. Should be ok.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

molokow said:

VR games are in low quality. Should be ok.

Oo

cybereality
Grand Champion
SLI/CFX is not supported, so you won't get all the performance out of that GPU. It should technically be compatible, though I would not expect to max out some of the higher-end titles.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thorschramme
Honored Guest
i ll give the sumary after Warthunder Simbattles 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I thought you wasn't telling any more funnies @molokow :open_mouth:
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

thorschramme
Honored Guest
screen in the occulus stays black, i m running it from display port, i m dooing something wrong here

battleaxe39
Protege

SLI/CFX is not supported, so you won't get all the performance out of that GPU. It should technically be compatible, though I would not expect to max out some of the higher-end titles.

are there plans to enable sli? I have 2 970's waiting for sli profiles, I was hoping that 2 of them in sli would run every game at 90 fps with 1.5 SS, and maybe a bit more with asw engaged 🙂

Zoomie
Expert Trustee

From what I understand, SLI gave way to ATW and ASW as a priority for VR GPU development. 

I don't believe SLI is able to give the same performance gains because of the way the display pipeline works for VR.  Essentially, SLI injects delays in the display pipeline that negate any real benefit from the extra processing power.  Now that 90fps is the standard, every millisecond counts and SLI is simply adds too much delay to justify its use.  I'm sure someone with a deeper understanding can explain better than I can.

It sucks because many of us bought earlier gen cards like the 970 rather than a 980 or Titan, hoping we could simply buy another as the requirements went up.  Instead my 970 gave way to a 1080.

Now, the 1080 is an awesome card so I shouldn't complain too much 🙂

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

battleaxe39
Protege
OK explained well enough thanks:) I hope asw is worth it, I might just take out my other 970 if its not needed, I've had my rift about 2 months and I've not played a single 2d game lol