New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Adventure VR (Beta v1.9) SDK v0.4.1

2»

Comments

• CavediverCavediver Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Kind of a dumb question, I guess, but can this work on the Oculus Rift?  The commercial version?
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,684 Valuable Player
    edited August 2016

Wow you did some digging to find this one. It was great to play in VR, not seen Rubix around for a while that I can remember. I am pretty certain it will not work with the CV1 due to the SDK it was written for. I loved this game on my 2600, my first ever Skyrim :)

I even changed my icons to it some time back. :)

• zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    This is a Unity project. Is the Unity project/source code available somewhere? It would be cool to resurrect this for the CV1 with the latest run-time. It was laste made with SDK v0.4.1.  I downloaded the latest version from SDK v0.4.1 but it's just a Unity project build without the source code.  If the source code was available it should be very easy to get this working with the CV1. It would be cool to have projects like these under GPL.
    edited November 2016
    Seconded but Rubix has not been seen for a looong time.

Maybe we could call the search 'Finding Private Rubix'
    I found his website and emailed him @zboson. i'll let you know if I get a reply.
  • rubixcube6rubixcube6 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    edited November 2016
    Zing! https://github.com/rubixcube6/Adventure-VR

Be sure to read the README file before you do anything. It should be finished uploading to that page by morning.

edited November 2016
    Whoa that was fast, Rubix you are an absolute star. A well deserved first Awesome on the new forum.  

I am pretty excited to see this in the CV1. Do you still own a VR headset?  

@zboson Is this what you need to build the CV1 version?

• zbosonzboson Posts: 994 Poster of the Week
    @Luciferous

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted! I have loaded it into Unity5. It has some errors right now. I will see if I can get it working this week.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 5,008 Valuable Player
    Oh man i remember playing this a couple of years ago.
    Art3mis
    Whoa that was fast, Rubix you are an absolute star. A well deserved first Awesome on the new forum.  

I am pretty excited to see this in the CV1. Do you still own a VR headset?  

@zboson Is this what you need to build the CV1 version?

Thanks! Yea, I just don't have the time to do it myself so why not open source it. :) I have a DK1, DK2, CV1 and an "Innovator Edition" gear VR. Also I pre-ordered the Touch controllers as soon as I could!

zboson said:
    @Luciferous

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted! I have loaded it into Unity5. It has some errors right now. I will see if I can get it working this week.

Yea I figure there would be a few errors since its from such an old version of unity and I wasn't that good at scripting compared to now. Looking back at the code now, it was kind of a big mess. lol If I were to re-do it, I would convert all scripts to C# and be smarter about the way some scripts depend on others. It may not have to come to that but if you do go that rout, be sure to keep the core functionality the same. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Art3mis
    edited November 2016
    *edit*

for some reason it deleted my reply the other day When I tried to make an edit so I re-posted. Now its back somehow so no need for this post.