cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compositor Frame Drops Every Second (Stuttering in Headset)

OwynC
Sightseer
Hey Oculus Forums, I recently started getting stuttering in my rift. It happens every second like clockwork and is displayed as dropped compositor frames in the debugger. 

Here's a link to a similar issue.

l7wpebe7d267.jpg

c3xm0fbomq5w.jpg

I have a i5-4460 8GB of ram, a GTX 1070 and Windows 10 64bit. Although the CPU is not up to minimum system spec I haven't had any issues so far and have had my rift since this May. I'm currently running Oculus Home 1.9 and Nvidia Driver 375.70

Any help would be appreciated, I believe the issue may be related to either the recent Oculus 1.9 update or the latest Nvidia driver update.

Edit: I rolled back my drivers to 368.81 and nothing changed. 

Edit2: I completely reset Windows, formatting the drive and removing all software. I reinstalled Oculus Home and a couple VR of games to test. I still got compositor frame drops from the default automatic Windows installed drivers. I then downloaded Geforce Experience and updated all my drivers to the latest. I still get the compositor frame drops. This is probably an issue with oculus home 1.9.

Edit3: I enabled ASW and still get the compositor frame drops.
28 REPLIES 28

VonTornefeld
Protege
Adding to my already old sensor disconnection problem, the sttuter in games that played perfect before. Even Dreamdeck !!!

lillyhammar
Explorer
Yeah this is pretty irritating and uncomfortable. It really limits the amount of time I can spend in VR which is disappointing since I only recently got my Rift.

lillyhammar
Explorer
I've been doing more experimentation to see what the problem is. I pulled up the debugger tool today (I'm not savvy about this stuff so I don't know what it all means) and it showed dropped frames and composite frames about every second. But if I hid the desktop preview window, the stutter stopped and the dropped frames stopped.

OwynC
Sightseer
Update: I completely formatted Oculus Home and Windows 10. I'm using the default Windows recommended drivers and the issue still persists. 😞 This is definitely an issue with Oculus Home 1.9. 

Nasilous
Honored Guest
I managed to fix this by changing my primary monitor from dvi to displayport. I can't explain it, but I dropped out of college.

bosy_princ
Protege
Any progress with this issue? I have R9 390 and i5 4690 and I'm experiencing this once-per-second stuttering since 1.9. Thanks!

BomarrOrder
Honored Guest
Received my Touch controllers a few days ago and haven't been able to enjoy them due to this stutter issue. Also, I've been getting motion sickness, which may or may not be related to this. It did start around v1.9

Sanborn
Explorer
I too get this.

PayneSculptures
Explorer
I also have this exact same issue. No fix has been found in my search or with my Oculus support ticket.