cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW enabled today!!!

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-closer-look/
I'm still waiting for the update to come through but the good times are almost here. Also "First Contact" is to be released with Touch, it looks nifty.

edit: pls delete my thread
I was beaten by 1 minute - https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44845/oculus-blog-a-closer-look-at-oculus-avatars-ocu...

125 REPLIES 125

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I never noticed either. I just look in the Settings of the Oculus Firmware. I hate when I forget to look behind me in VR lol

VilboUK
Honored Guest

Applecorp said:

Still no update here. In the UK.

Hi mate ..Im in the UK and got the update yesterday pal.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Huh, strange.

jonilaht
Honored Guest
Got to reinstall the software, now it works. Still got some jitters thought.

Applecorp
Rising Star

jonilaht said:

Got to reinstall the software, now it works.

Why should you have to do that?!

EliteSPA
Superstar
I feel like a kid waiting for Santa  😄
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

jonilaht said:

jonilaht said:

Got 1.10, didn't see any effect.

Why would you " see any effect"? It won't be perceivable, per say.

Crank settings, do whatever with quality settings to not always keep 90fps. Use the debug tool to display performance. Notice how it sometimes drops to 45fps but performance feels the same. Thats ASW.

CTRL + Numpad 1-4 doesn't do anything. No effect on framerates or anything, doesn't feel smoother. And I'm only with GTX970.

I'm not surprised CTRL + Numpad 1-4 do nothing. The registry entry is neutralized, you can delete it or forget it.
Like I said, if you want to see it work, tune settings so you fall below 90fps you'll see it go to 45fps with the debug tool. How could it not feel smoother? What are you comparing it to? With ASW on with the registry hack? Of course you won't feel a difference.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Applecorp said:

Huh, strange.

Mine is still 1.9, UK here ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

1.10 here, UK, you should get yours any second now Techy

Techy111
MVP
MVP
1.....2.....3......4.....5................Nope  😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.