ASW enabled today!!! - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

ASW enabled today!!!

Comments

• VilboUKVilboUK Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Applecorp said:
    Still no update here. In the UK.
    Hi mate ..Im in the UK and got the update yesterday pal.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Huh, strange.
  • jonilahtjonilaht Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Got to reinstall the software, now it works. Still got some jitters thought.
    3Jane
    jonilaht said:
    Got to reinstall the software, now it works.
    Why should you have to do that?!
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    I feel like a kid waiting for Santa  :D
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,175
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    jonilaht said:
    jonilaht said:
    Got 1.10, didn't see any effect.
    Why would you " see any effect"? It won't be perceivable, per say.

Crank settings, do whatever with quality settings to not always keep 90fps. Use the debug tool to display performance. Notice how it sometimes drops to 45fps but performance feels the same. Thats ASW.

CTRL + Numpad 1-4 doesn't do anything. No effect on framerates or anything, doesn't feel smoother. And I'm only with GTX970.
    I'm not surprised CTRL + Numpad 1-4 do nothing. The registry entry is neutralized, you can delete it or forget it.
    Like I said, if you want to see it work, tune settings so you fall below 90fps you'll see it go to 45fps with the debug tool. How could it not feel smoother? What are you comparing it to? With ASW on with the registry hack? Of course you won't feel a difference.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,799 Volunteer Moderator
    Applecorp said:
    Huh, strange.
    Mine is still 1.9, UK here ???
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,718 Valuable Player
    1.10 here, UK, you should get yours any second now Techy
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
    1.....2.....3......4.....5................Nope  ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The propagation can typically take 48 hours to reach everyone. Please be patient.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    edited November 2016
    6.....7.....8.....ahhh hah there it is :) I've been propagated @cybereality  

Disregard that propagation, still on 1.9 :neutral:

• XlordBXlordB Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    Propagation... mmm sounds sexual cyber !!! Rofl!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,862 Valuable Player
    I knew that silky wipey that shipped with the Rift was multi-use! 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • StreetPreacherStreetPreacher Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    edited November 2016
    Was ASW really just enabled today?

For the past few weeks I've noticed that Dirt Rally started running beautifully even on Ultra settings with my gtx970 system.  I then discovered that it was running at a steady 45fps, so I assumed that it was ASW locking the framerate and then upscaling it to 90fps.

Today I installed the Oculus Home update, and now Dirt Rally is constantly dropping below 40fps, and causing stutters....  

Were there any other changes in the update that might affect framerates in Dirt Rally?  I was loving playing it up until today, and now it's just giving me a headache.  

I also noticed that the 'oculusvr.exe' process jumps up to using ~22% CPU when you put on the HMD?  Was this always the case?  

Very unfortunate.
    3Jane
    Still nothing here. I don't understand why some get it in the UK and some don't. Surely it would just roll out in the whole country at once. It's not like a pre-order where you're in a queue, lol.
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Applecorp said:
    Still nothing here. I don't understand why some get it in the UK and some don't. Surely it would just roll out in the whole country at once. It's not like a pre-order where you're in a queue, lol.

or is it >:)
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    edited November 2016
    Actually yes, in a way anyways. The idea is to roll out over time instead of all at once incase something bad happens. This way they can start pulling it back for some people if they have to. At worst they pull it all the way back instead. The idea is to fix bugs as it rolls out. There are a ton of different hardware and software out there so in some cases it's best to just do it over time than do it all at once.
    3Jane
    I don't understand how they are doing it in such a controlled way though. How can they make it so one person is able to get it and yet a person who lives close by to them doesn't have it?

Are they literally releasing it on an email or IP address basis?
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    The propagation can typically take 48 hours to reach everyone. Please be patient.
    I don't do patience, I want it now preferably sooner :smiley:
    edited November 2016
    Applecorp said:
    I don't understand how they are doing it in such a controlled way though. How can they make it so one person is able to get it and yet a person who lives close by to them doesn't have it?

Are they literally releasing it on an email or IP address basis?
    Easy, you just control by a SQL database. Everyone that downloads Home has an ID and that ID gets updated base off whatever value they want to base it off. Nothing illegal or hard to understand about that :)
    3Jane
    Oh fair enough. Thanks.  :smiley:
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,862 Valuable Player
    Useful video showcasing ASW

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,309
    Wintermute
    If you have the 1.10 implementation of ASW, does it have exactly the same impact or has it been even further improved?

I've still not had my update  :(
  • firebanefirebane Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Man this rollout is slower than Nougat on my Nexus.  Still on 1.9, can't I just download it manually?
    3Jane
    Yeah still no update either.

The roll out does seem rather slow, apparently so if there are issues then not everyone is effected, but that sounds ridiculous. Why not test it fully before releasing it at all.

Applecorp said:
    Yeah still no update either.

The roll out does seem rather slow, apparently so if there are issues then not everyone is effected, but that sounds ridiculous. Why not test it fully before releasing it at all.

I guess you don't track bug reports or program much. The basic break down is there are already some bugs being found that are kind of bad news bears with some things already.

You can't test "fully" as everyone has different hardware, software, and other things that cause some random problems. You have to "test" slowly to notice them as someone has to report it as well.
    3Jane
    Mradr said:
    I guess you don't track bug reports or program much.
    I don't do that at all.   :p
  • RiftsRifts Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    Still 1.9 in sweden .. is there any way to force update?
    edited November 2016
    Don't think so, as cyber said, we have to be patient. Still nothing here, UK.

Right now if you update, there might be a problem with a few apps not allowing tracking from the back side. It seems to be related to the apps more than the update, but it is related with the update as well.