cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW enabled today!!!

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-closer-look/
I'm still waiting for the update to come through but the good times are almost here. Also "First Contact" is to be released with Touch, it looks nifty.

edit: pls delete my thread
I was beaten by 1 minute - https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44845/oculus-blog-a-closer-look-at-oculus-avatars-ocu...

125 REPLIES 125

cybereality
Grand Champion
The propagation can typically take 48 hours to reach everyone. Please be patient.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Techy111
MVP
MVP
6.....7.....8.....ahhh hah there it is 🙂 I've been propagated @cybereality  

Disregard that propagation, still on 1.9 :neutral:
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

XlordB
Adventurer
Propagation... mmm sounds sexual cyber !!! Rofl!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I knew that silky wipey that shipped with the Rift was multi-use! 

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Was ASW really just enabled today?

For the past few weeks I've noticed that Dirt Rally started running beautifully even on Ultra settings with my gtx970 system.  I then discovered that it was running at a steady 45fps, so I assumed that it was ASW locking the framerate and then upscaling it to 90fps.

Today I installed the Oculus Home update, and now Dirt Rally is constantly dropping below 40fps, and causing stutters....  

Were there any other changes in the update that might affect framerates in Dirt Rally?  I was loving playing it up until today, and now it's just giving me a headache.  

I also noticed that the 'oculusvr.exe' process jumps up to using ~22% CPU when you put on the HMD?  Was this always the case?  

Very unfortunate.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Still nothing here. I don't understand why some get it in the UK and some don't. Surely it would just roll out in the whole country at once. It's not like a pre-order where you're in a queue, lol.

JettStiles
Adventurer

Applecorp said:

Still nothing here. I don't understand why some get it in the UK and some don't. Surely it would just roll out in the whole country at once. It's not like a pre-order where you're in a queue, lol.

or is it >:)
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually yes, in a way anyways. The idea is to roll out over time instead of all at once incase something bad happens. This way they can start pulling it back for some people if they have to. At worst they pull it all the way back instead. The idea is to fix bugs as it rolls out. There are a ton of different hardware and software out there so in some cases it's best to just do it over time than do it all at once.

Applecorp
Rising Star
I don't understand how they are doing it in such a controlled way though. How can they make it so one person is able to get it and yet a person who lives close by to them doesn't have it?

Are they literally releasing it on an email or IP address basis?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

The propagation can typically take 48 hours to reach everyone. Please be patient.

I don't do patience, I want it now preferably sooner :smiley: