cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backward-facing positional tracking not working after 1.10

Palidore
Explorer
Hey guys,

So it seems like after update 1.10, me and some other users' positional tracking is no longer working when facing away from the sensor.  Using webcams/phone cameras confirms that the LEDs on the back of the headset are still lit up.  There's a topic on the Oculus subreddit (linked below) discussing this issue.

Not sure whether it's related, but one of the things in common with those who have the issue, is that we all opened the "First Contact" app in the tutorial section of our libraries.  One of the users claimed that the tracking seemed fine until they open that app.

In my own limited testing, Mountain Goat Mountain doesn't seem to be affected by the tracking loss, but other apps are, including Oculus Home itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5chmes/positional_tracking_lost_facing_backwards_after/
10 REPLIES 10

kojack
MVP
MVP
Seems I now have 1.10, so I just tried it out in oculus home. I turned around to face away from the camera and position tracking immediately dropped.
I swayed around a bit and it came back, now it's not going away again, but it did at first.
I haven't tested any other software yet.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, we are aware and are investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

stevesideas
Explorer
Backward facing tracking never worked for me. I did submit a ticket but still no solution. Fantastic!

maxx11111
Adventurer
I have done a new install on a fresh copy of win 10 and can confirm backwards tracking isnt working, before running any apps

maxx11111
Adventurer
i tried a repair and it repaired as 1.9 and all was good again, then update available and its wonky again

backward tracking working ok with 1.10 here but seems to have an occasional jitter which I don't think I had before

cybereality
Grand Champion
We found the problem and created a patch. It does take some time to reach everyone, but many people should have got the fix already and more will shortly. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Is the patch rolling out to those who already have the original update before those still on 1.9 get their update?

Mace404
Heroic Explorer

We found the problem and created a patch. It does take some time to reach everyone, but many people should have got the fix already and more will shortly. Thanks.

Like everyone has 1.10 already. Just give that force update button already.
With this rate I can update at the end of next week.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?