cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW enabled today!!!

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-closer-look/
I'm still waiting for the update to come through but the good times are almost here. Also "First Contact" is to be released with Touch, it looks nifty.

edit: pls delete my thread
I was beaten by 1 minute - https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/44845/oculus-blog-a-closer-look-at-oculus-avatars-ocu...

125 REPLIES 125

vannagirl
Consultant
i also finally have it, just turned on rift and there was a full setup page again

ty Oculus, time to test elite later
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
looks like they opened the floodgates, recently got mine too. Time to play :wink:

Applecorp
Rising Star
Cranked Dirt Rally up to max, buttery smooth, whereas framerate was choppy before.

Well done Oculus, so far so good.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
What I'd to know is does it matter if you had the registry hack before or were you suppose to delete it before the update?

Applecorp
Rising Star
Pretty sure you don't have to do anything, but I deleted the "hack" before I got the update just to be safe.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

lovethis said:

What I'd to know is does it matter if you had the registry hack before or were you suppose to delete it before the update?

No, it's disabled in the update.

Greyman
Superstar
But do the Ctrl key combinations still work?

i've been turning ASW off in DCS World, as the HUD and other cockpit display elements get a bit funky with even the slightest movement of the head

edit: never mind, I've found the answer elsewhere and it looks like the Ctrl key combos still work. \o/

Rifts
Adventurer
Got the 1.10 update and tried both E:D and Obduction on ultra settings + some supersampling. I have never been able to play on these settings before. I have to say I'm VERY impressed, I can only see minor differences between 45 and 90 fps.

In E:D the ASW only kicked in inside huge stations, and the only thing I noticed was that while scrolling through options the selected button will smudge downwards, almost like it's melting, but very briefly before returning to normal. 

For Obduction ASW was active all the time except inside the main menu. I have to say it looked very, very good. I could finally see all the little details of the terrain and the shadows. What I noticed was a slight ghosting effect when teleporting (I puke from free movement), like a transparent jelly coating the screen before the image turns normal. Now that sounds pretty bad but it actually looks kind of cool, like it's supposed to be there. And of course it's very brief and hardly noticeable unless you have something to compare to. Otherwise there's no difference.

Once you slip below 45 FPS there's crazy lag, though. The difference between 45 and 44 fps are now enormous for obvious reasons. Overall I'm very happy with the update.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Trouble with Obduction, (for me and others too) is that ASW won't fix games like this, it's just poorly optimised for certain hardware configurations, and regardless of what I do with the settings the game is choppy and stuttery all over the place. Unplayable for me.

Rifts
Adventurer
@Applecorp Really? I didn't notice any stutter at all just now, and for me it lagged like crazy before. I play with teleportation and snap turning enabled though, maybe it's different with free movement