cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable ASW

ramon
Protege
Is there anyway to disable ASW? 
I dont have a keyboard with num. pad, so I couldnt try if keystrokes still work. I couldnt find any solution so far. 
Im so fu**ing pi**ed, ASW is the next thing oculus is forcing up on us. I hope there will be an option to shut it off real quick!
ASW made everything worse for me, Im running a GTX1080 btw. It is so fu**ing noticable when ASW kicks in. Driving in Assetto corsa now feels like driving drunk, because half the frames are missing. And once the framerate drops to 45fps it constantly keeps staying there, which renders some games unplayable at the moment.
70 REPLIES 70

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Why do you want to turn it off? It will only kick in when the game or demo needs it, so why turn it off?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
CTRL +1 is the key I think if it's causing problems. Are you sure you haven't just forced it on constantly because  it sounds like you have.

ramon
Protege
I did check the framerate.
it drops from steady 90 to 45 
if CTRL+1 is still working, im going for a new keyboard tommorrow!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I thought the Idea of ATW was that it kicks in when it's needed not remain constantly on. I think you might of switched it to be constantly on. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
These were the Keys for the reg hack. Ctrl + 1 Ctrl +4 Ctrl +2 Ctrl+ 3

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
The Ctrl + Num Pad controls do work in 1.10. I've been using them to see the differences with and without ASW running.

ramon
Protege

Protocol7 said:

The Ctrl + Num Pad controls do work in 1.10. I've been using them to see the differences with and without ASW running.

Thank you Protocol7

ramon
Protege
I managed to shut off ASW using Autohotkey.
I think there should be an option to permanently disable it. because I cant see if its running or not until it kicks in

Greyman
Superstar
Actually, I might be able to amend my Voice Attack profile, so that it sends Ctrl + 1 to the app, every time it starts up

edit: if of course the 1.10 version of ASW isn't better than the previous version