cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable ASW

ramon
Protege
Is there anyway to disable ASW? 
I dont have a keyboard with num. pad, so I couldnt try if keystrokes still work. I couldnt find any solution so far. 
Im so fu**ing pi**ed, ASW is the next thing oculus is forcing up on us. I hope there will be an option to shut it off real quick!
ASW made everything worse for me, Im running a GTX1080 btw. It is so fu**ing noticable when ASW kicks in. Driving in Assetto corsa now feels like driving drunk, because half the frames are missing. And once the framerate drops to 45fps it constantly keeps staying there, which renders some games unplayable at the moment.
70 REPLIES 70

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
Im playing Assetto Corsa using Nvidias DSR at 4X native resolution, combined with a pixel fillrate of 2.0 
I get a decent framerate as long as im not running a grid of more than 10 cars.
Anybody running a GTX 1080 with Assetto Corsa should try, its a massive graphics improvement.

Ramon, I quoted this from your post history since my testing with Assetto Corsa shows it makes frame rate on my lower spec machines. It's very likely that you're well below 45 FPS even with your GTX 1080. ASW doesn't work well for sub-45 rates, otherwise ASW is largely undetectable. 

Bagnet
Expert Protege
I have a 780 gtx which even though it out performs the 960 is a too low spec card (lol). Its flawless without asw.

zboson
Superstar
I have not found a way to disable it yet. I have update 1.10.

ramon
Protege

Im playing Assetto Corsa using Nvidias DSR at 4X native resolution, combined with a pixel fillrate of 2.0 
I get a decent framerate as long as im not running a grid of more than 10 cars.
Anybody running a GTX 1080 with Assetto Corsa should try, its a massive graphics improvement.

Ramon, I quoted this from your post history since my testing with Assetto Corsa shows it makes frame rate on my lower spec machines. It's very likely that you're well below 45 FPS even with your GTX 1080. ASW doesn't work well for sub-45 rates, otherwise ASW is largely undetectable. 

This is long time obsolete!
Im not using DSR anymore since anti aliasing is working again, just cranked up the fillrate to 2.0. When I shut ASW off, I get a constant framerate of 90 for allmost all of the time. With ASW enabled, as soon as it kicks in You can feel it instantly, because its so hard to judge how fast you are going with all those frames missing.
it looks, feels so terrible and the worst is that the framerate stays down at 45fps once it kicks in. (Assetto corsa)

zboson
Superstar
How are you disabling ASW? I used the debugtool to look at the frame rate and it hops usually between 90 and 45 and nothing I have tried (e.g. Ctrl-1) changes this.

ramon
Protege
Yes, Ctrl-1 shuts it off.
at least its working for me

zboson
Superstar
How are you verifying this? With the Oculus Debug Tool or something else?

ramon
Protege
You can use the debug tool,
In assetto corsa ingame during a race im using the overlay from the right status bar showing rendering stats.
if you wanna shut ASW off you have to use Ctrl-1 (from the number pad)

zboson
Superstar
Yes, I use the numberpad. I have tried lots of options but no noticeable change. It still hops between 90 and 45 irrespective of what I do.

zboson
Superstar
I don't need this option in general. I mean I don't need this option in Oculus Home settings or a key combination.

Maybe it can be part of the Oculus Debug Tool. Perhaps they will do this soon with the next Oculus SDK. I just want it for compassion with and without ASW.