cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Update November 11th, Oculusvr.exe now using 25% CPU while wearing headset?!?!

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
I never checked what percentage of CPU it used before today's update, but now my games are running much worse than they were yesterday!!!!!!!?!?!?!??

Is there ANY WAY to revert back to the previous build?!

So much for my plan to do some VR gaming tonight.. 
27 REPLIES 27

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
with Oculus Home running and the hmd off, it's at 0% CPU.  As soon as you put the hmd on CPU usage jumps to between 21-23%...  This can't be how much CPU power it was using before can it?

And it's Oculus App Version 1.10.0.308075 (1.10.0.306913) 

Yesterday Dirt Rally was running wonderfully locked in at ultra settings and hitting a steady 45fps.  Now I'm getting constant drops to below 40fps, which causes stutters and gives me a headache.... 

Thanks guys!!!!  😞

djwqve
Protege
I got that since 1.9, before that all runs perfect....
With senzza pesso opera experience, elite dangerous etc...from oculus library are unplayable, stutters, lag...
I tested that games and experiences from steam and runs perfect, all in high or ultra....WTF!!!!!!

Oculus is pushing people to update hardware? i suspect yes

Bunz_118
Protege
I have the same issue. Can't play DCS anymore. My CPU usage jumps to 30% as soon as the rift is running !

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Mine is fine in DCS. i5 SB and GTX970

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Unless you're maxing out your CPU, I'm not understanding why 25-30% usage is a problem. I've played traditional 2D that has hammered my CPU a lot more than that.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
Oculus support will say upgrade yur pc..its funny with all this new technolgy asw thingy mob, I thought we were supposed to run more with less? ..not knocking it thou at least my DK2 is working again

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many cores are we talking here ? 20% of the core or the total cpu?

Bunz_118
Protege
30% of the total cpu for me. Doesn't get loaded much more than that in game, and the game is still playable, but I get weird graphical tearing when things are moving fast and they give me massive headaches. Wasn't the case before Nov 11 update. Is there a way to revert the update ?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

JeepyB said:

30% of the total cpu for me. Doesn't get loaded much more than that in game, and the game is still playable, but I get weird graphical tearing when things are moving fast and they give me massive headaches. Wasn't the case before Nov 11 update. Is there a way to revert the update ?

Have you checked if there's an updated driver for you graphics card since the update?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?