cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable ASW

ramon
Protege
Is there anyway to disable ASW? 
I dont have a keyboard with num. pad, so I couldnt try if keystrokes still work. I couldnt find any solution so far. 
Im so fu**ing pi**ed, ASW is the next thing oculus is forcing up on us. I hope there will be an option to shut it off real quick!
ASW made everything worse for me, Im running a GTX1080 btw. It is so fu**ing noticable when ASW kicks in. Driving in Assetto corsa now feels like driving drunk, because half the frames are missing. And once the framerate drops to 45fps it constantly keeps staying there, which renders some games unplayable at the moment.
70 REPLIES 70

Bagnet
Expert Protege
Easiest way to disable it is to install a Nvidia 780GTX, you will never have trouble making it not work again! 🙂

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
You can feel it instantly, because its so hard to judge how fast you are going with all those frames missing.

Is there any way you can provide logs? I'd like to confirm you're making at least 45 fps. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

Greyman
Superstar
I'm not sure if it matters which Ctrl key you use, but you will need to make sure that the numlock light is on.  I use the leftmost Ctrl key, btw, and that seems to work just fine, at disabling ASW.

sorry if this seems like an "egg-sucking" lesson, but it's worth checking 

Greyman
Superstar
it appears to activate again, at least every time you restart the pc and possibly more frequently than that, perhaps even each time a vr application is loaded and i have yet to find a way of setting it to default to off.  In the meantime, i have amended my VA profile to make sure that it is turned off every time i start a new DCS world mission.

Samg381
Explorer
Just want to chime in here. Yesterday for some ungodly reason ASW managed to enable itself on my computer. It has made all my simulation games, particularly DCS completely unplayable. I am looking for a way to permanently disable ASW so I can use my $600 headset the way I intend to.

Otherwise, I would like information on how I can go about obtaining a refund for my defective product that will not render games above 45 fps.

Greyman
Superstar
at least in the short term, you might have to get into the habit of pressing ctrl and numpad 1 and ctrl numpad 2, whenever you start DCS.

However, if you use the VAICOM profiles in Voice Attack, which i would highly recommend, especially if you have a HMD on, you can just add a couple of key press actions, one for each of the above ctrl key combos, to the end of the Start Mission command, and whenever you start a new mission, including the first in your session, it turns ASW off.

Samg381
Explorer

Greyman said:

at least in the short term, you might have to get into the habit of pressing ctrl and numpad 1 and ctrl numpad 2, whenever you start DCS.

However, if you use the VAICOM profiles in Voice Attack, which i would highly recommend, especially if you have a HMD on, you can just add a couple of key press actions, one for each of the above ctrl key combos, to the end of the Start Mission command, and whenever you start a new mission, including the first in your session, it turns ASW off.

When I'm actually loaded up in the cockpit, the control/numpad hotkeys have no effect and I'm capped at 45fps.
Absolutely hilarious. 

Greyman
Superstar
hmmm, then there must be something different between our setups, as ctrl + numpad 1 and 2 certainly turn ASW off for me.  

Did you have ASW enabled before the update landed?  I did and i wonder if that might be making the difference.  
It won't explain everything, but does ctrl + numpad 1 or 2 work from anywhere, e.g. from windows before you start up dcs world or from the dcs world menus?

I'm really guessing now, but do you have ctrl and numpad 1 and/or 2 mapped in your DCS controls.  I'm fairly sure i removed my mappings, as it may be that the key presses are being intercepted by DCS and never land with the ASW software.   Worth a try.  Just select any one of the cells in the keyboard column and press ctrl + numpad 1 and it will take you to the cell that you need to clear.  It will be some fairly obscure view command, so it won't be a major loss.  Then do the same for ctrl + numpad 2.

Also, and don't shout at me, but please make sure that your numlock light is on.  🙂

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
control/numpad hotkeys have no effect

Samg381, if they have no affect at all then ASW is not enabled. An update went through but there could potentially be another performance issue unrelated to ASW that you're seeing here.

Greyman
Superstar
I know that i'm putting myself in harm's way, but i have to ask.  you do have vsync turned off don't you?