cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Dami_Valorton
Honored Guest
A temp fix is to make another set of headphones your default and just wear them over the headset.

spaghettimonste
Sightseer
mine has it too.
its not constant, I suspect its a driver problem.

MrPark94
Protege
I have the same problem.. But its not constantst.
The most od the time it works
But sometimes only left channel audio

Abnormalia
Protege
Happened to mine as well recently. Readjusting stripe in and out sometimes helps to restore contact by finding sweet spot. Is there any guide how to fix this?

cbarish
Honored Guest
I went to support; they recommended that I tighten the (plastic?) screw that holds the earpiece to the headband. I backed it off a quarter-turn, tightened it to taste, and it's worked well ever since.

Abnormalia
Protege
Did not helped me. For now found sweet spot and trying not to more head strips much.

Norwegian_guy
Expert Protege
happened to me too on the right side, but hasn't happened again after i tried to tighten the screw that holds the headphone

Abnormalia
Protege
It work better when I have it loose. Once I'm making 2-3 turns of screw it starts failing. Seems I have to go with external headphones. Why do not make normal jack for those esp if that interface is so fragile ?

HeVeNy
Protege
Got the same thing going on now with my left speaker. Tightenin and loosening the screw randomly seems to sort it out but it comes back. Also seems to be related to adjusting the side headstraps and the HMD alltogether. 😕

Th3Edge
Honored Guest
Exacly the same has happened to mine as the post above right side and headstrap has an effect also. Bought mine as a pre-order from Oculus. NOT HAPPY .