cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
 😞 

Byteman21
Honored Guest
Running Windows 10.  Also Getting the Sensor Error Msg!!!!!  This Problem is getting on my nerves !!! 

ovzero
Explorer
cybereality: As requested here is my log file from today. Tested after the Nov 18th hotfix and was still having the same issues.  In the autoanalysis log this statement appears quite a bit, "Failed to set power mode on NVidia adapter. -175". I see that nvidia has been releasing drivers almost daily the last few days, where is the issue?1.10 and the Nvidia HDMI port?

Can you take a look and let me know if anything jumps out at you?

Thank you.

ovzero

cybereality
Grand Champion
The power mode message is harmless and that is in everyone's log. I'll see if we can find anything else.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ovzero
Explorer
***SOLUTION FOUND*** ATTENTION cybereality

So my issues were similar to what other users were encountering but I was also getting an error message stating "Fatal Error in GC - GetThreadContext failed". During my Google searching I discovered an old thread from 2013 in which the Unity forum users were reporting this error when Avast Antivirus was installed. Being a user of Avast, I decided to give it a shot and uninstalled it from my PC. Restarted my PC, and boom... The Oculus Rift was working just as it did before Oculus Home 1.10 was released.

For reference, here is the link to the Unity forum discussing the issue with Avast Antivirus:
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/fatal-error-in-gc.172934/

No clue, why 1.10 is having this issue with Avast... just glad I can use the Oculus Rift issue free. Hope this information will help others. Although, if your not getting that error message your mileage may very. Let me know if it helps you too.

PIXELATED
Adventurer
Respect to you 'ovzero' for posting a work around instead of a one liner 'i'm ok' or 'it doesn't work'
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I have a hardware headset error what log one will I do? It is during the rift configuring?

thejabronijackp
Honored Guest
after updated to the newest windows 10, computer will not detect Oculus HDMI connection. Uploaded file log please advise. When I first bought it it did the same thing but I switched the HDMI port and that seemed to fix it, until now. tried reinstalling oculus and got an error message

LovushkaSpb
Honored Guest
evwxvdvjlegg.jpgGood day. I have a problem with the installation of drivers. Here are the installation log. On the computer does not have anti-virus and firewall turned off. 60GB free space on HDD. Windows 7. .Net.frimwork 4.6. At the same time, on two different computers that are running the same system and are connected to the same network, everything is established.  I from Russia.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cybereality attaching log dump past 24 hours (not sure if that much is needed) related to the right touch controller drifting randomly after 30-40 minutes of playtime. 30 minutes before pulling these logs is probably close to where it was doing the drifting, started after about 40ish minutes of Dead and Buried, seemed to carry across to Oculus Home afterwards. Verified all 24 IR LEDs working on both left and right touch controller, also note using 3 sensor 360 setup (2 front, one back right corner). Tracking works great until right hand drift, left isn't affected in same space as right hand, just seems to affect right hand.

Thanks!