cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth VR running on the Rift with touch

LZoltowski
Champion
Hi Folks, 

I came across this video, here the guy is showing off Google Earth VR using the Oculus Touch. He is using something called FakeVive ... 

I myself cant wait to have a go ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vle65dFr6Ng

Google should really release this for the OH, no excuse
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
110 REPLIES 110

LZoltowski
Champion

The guy has 4 sensors, he did that in another video.. He has pretty damn good videos, he should get more views/subscribers really

Yeah, I subed, hes awesome
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

flexy123 said:

Even with FakeVive this is extremely awkward to navigate with the keyboard.  The app is VERY nicely done, but without Touch/Motion controllers pretty much pointless/useless.,IMO.

Ah a Glass half empty kinda guy? 🙂

Like I said I cant wait to try it with my touch when it arrives.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Google should really hook up with a flight sim company. officially, not one of the tweaks.  Would be awesome.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

harryinthesoup
Protege
Seems you also need SteamVR for it to run

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

FrozenPea said:

Really awesome! I'm sure Google will release this officially for Touch once it's out.

Doing a 'superman' looks so much fun! 

I agree, though I saw a vid the other day that may be more superman like. In a game I've never heard of, "richies plank experience vr". I am secretly hoping a big name company will soon release some (spiderman/ironman/superman/batman/any old superhero) polished and full of depth game similar to these. All I have to say is (hopefully) there's no way a Superman VR can be as shitty as Superman 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSMypiRsd8&t=917s

Wheatabits
Expert Protege
So now that Touch is out (and is AMAZING) has anyone seen when this gets official Touch support?

leo1954au
Adventurer
Fakevive is just a DLL file you put in the google earth folder

Solsland
Adventurer
Still no news on this being released for Oculus Touch yet??

leo1954au
Adventurer
Not in the near future I would guess, I'll just keep on using the DLL file It seems to work ok for me

EliteSPA
Superstar
The fakevive didnt work for me, get the message "HTC Vive compatible only" Love when people says Oculus exclusives lol.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz