cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subnautica User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BzngvURrk

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
59 REPLIES 59

Applecorp
Rising Star
Try booting it up, would be interested to see how it performs. Shocking framerate and stutter for me.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Really? I've never had performance issues with it and my PC is at the bottom end of the Rift req's.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Applecorp
Rising Star
Really, even in 2D on my Gsync monitor the framerate is all over the place, ranging from 90fps with frequent dips right down to 30fps. (GTX 980Ti)

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Applecorp said:

What kind of state is this in now for the Rift?

Tempted to get it in the Steam sale.

It got a update the other day. The long delay was supposedly some kind of mix up between the devs of Subnautica and Oculus. It's better but the sharks in the forest are WAY too aggressive now. I had a pack of 3 of them literally follow me all the way over to my life pod.
Brixmis said:
"Really? I've never had performance issues with it and my PC is at the bottom end of the Rift req's."

Sorry but there's no way you're immune to things that are not based on system to system specs. Stutter, frame rate drops, pop in, etc are issues with the current build as well as the current VR implementation. I suggest you don't mind or don't notice or care not having a higher end system.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Sorry but there's no way you're immune to things that are not based on system to system specs. Stutter, frame rate drops, pop in, etc are issues with the current build as well as the current VR implementation. I suggest you don't mind or don't notice or care not having a higher end system.

Every time someone reports that they don't have the same problems as you, you're immediate response is to claim they must be lying. You need to accept the fact that sometimes other people have an honest sincere better experience with things than you do.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Applecorp said:

Try booting it up, would be interested to see how it performs. Shocking framerate and stutter for me.

I loaded it up about 2 hours ago and couldn't stop playing. I started a new game and got addicted lol

My settings are on Medium and some of the loading areas glitched for a quick second, but a good 90% of the gameplay was problem free. I've experienced much worse with Nevermind and Obduction.

In this 2-hour playthrough I built the Repair Tool and a new Suit. I finally logged off when this guy showed up to party...

Applecorp
Rising Star
Huh, Nevermind is fine for me. These bloody PC's are so inconsistent. 

Something else that was "broken" for me in Subnautica was the subtitles were showing way off the lens right at the bottom so I could barely see them, same for the depth meter at the top of the screen.  Do you get that?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Don't forget you can do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS3H0NtRBrM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Shame - I recently uploaded a video to YT of that damn Leviathan attacking me in my Moth, but I deleted it yesterday during channel housekeeping. I've never had performance issues with Subnautica, 2D or VR.
i5 2500k at 4.3GHz, 16GB 2133MHz DDR3, 850evo SSD and a GTX970 G1 Gaming, all on an Asus Z77 mobo.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Thanks for re-posting that video @Shadowmask72 

It's truly an inspirational achievement, and I wants it! That's your personal vid from your own machine, right?