When are your sensor/oculus touch arriving? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

When are your sensor/oculus touch arriving?

Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 568
Trinity
edited November 2016 in General
(title edited since i was butchering english... and i probagbly still am)
I've ordered both touch and one sensor.
Now i'm regretting not buying 2 sensors (i have a youtube channel, so why not everdo? stupid me!!!)
Soo, when is your shipping date estimated?

Mine is:
Oculus touch: 6-15 december  (ordered 11 october)
Sensor: 13-20 december (ordered 1 november)

Comments

• EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited November 2016
    Same here 6130004315**** only touch atm to see how it does the job with 2 sensors.

Estimated shipping: 6 de diciembre - 15 de diciembre
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • dtrjonesdtrjones Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Hi Kelec84, if you've orded another sensor, I'm pretty sure you'll have a good room scale experience with three sensors as one comes with the touch. Four sensors is just overkill in my opinion. Remember the Rift has I/R sensors on the back of the HMD and all over the controllers, the obvious problem would be minimising oclusion of the controllers themselves but I would imagine the game would have to put you in some funny positions for three sensors not to see any of the controllers in use.

I ordered my Touch with Amazon, so I'm actually expecting this on or near to the 6th of December - any reason why It shouldn't? I'm a PC gamer so seating experience is fine, not worried about room scale but will be happy to stand up to play a game. Moving around a defined area doesn't really interest me, I guess the game will have to convince me otherwise...
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    6-15th like everyone else who preordered :P, just sayin. 
  • Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 568
    Trinity
    hmmm 2 chances:
    Very low number of preorders, or they basically made as many touch/ sensors as rift sold... wich will let them with som "garage full" but no delay for ppl who ordered the product u.u
  • SakkuraSakkura Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    They've likely built up more of a stockpile than at the Rift launch, so the launch will be smoother.

I mean I doubt the number of Touch kits sold would be much lower than the number of Rifts.
  • neocalericneocaleric Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    I preordered at Amazon the day it was available. Still don't have an estimated delivery date. :/
  • eloquencemotion23eloquencemotion23 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    16-21st from oculus.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    All priority pre-orders got '6-15 December' for Touch, although I think now if you go order Touch you an estimate a couple of weeks after that which I'm guessing is their second or third batch now.
  • ConanConan Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just made my order

Dec 16 - Dec 21

• ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    So are we expecting priority shipping all over again as with the HMD?

So the very first people to pre-order within seconds of it going live get it shipped on the 6th, if you were a bit slow to pre-order you get it shipped on the 15th?

Not happy if that's the case. 
    @Applecorp who ever pre-ordered the Rift first gets priority first then after all those orders it is then shipped by the time you ordered.

If you pre-ordered the Rift it doesn't matter what time you ordered Touch, you already 'had your place saved in line'
  • ConanConan Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited November 2016
    Not exactly

People that pre-ordered the CV1 got a code for priority shipping,  some people that made their order within the first few days also made it into the first shipping batch

*To slow :neutral:
    Project 2501
    FrozenPea said:
    @Applecorp who ever pre-ordered the Rift first gets priority first then after all those orders it is then shipped by the time you ordered.

If you pre-ordered the Rift it doesn't matter what time you ordered Touch, you already 'had your place saved in line'
    Hope they dont mess this again and respect our priority against big enterprises like Best Buy or Amazon.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    @EliteSPA to be honest if Best Buy/Amazon have their stock before Dec 6th then you will be able to walk into the store and buy it there quicker/use Amazon Prime.

I'm in the UK and don't have Amazon Prime so Oculus will probably be my fastest bet, plus I'm not bothered by waiting a few days extra if it is the case :)
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    I ordered from Amazon UK. The order still says delivery will be 6th Dec.
    "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    An option for those in the UK. John Lewis is offering delivery on launch day plus a 2 year warranty.

http://www.johnlewis.com/pre-order-oculus-touch-controllers-with-3-free-vr-games/p3061235

What I'd like to know from a staffer is if the 6th is a delivery date or a shipping date? Also can someone confirm if that's the absolute earliest that we can expect them? 

I never expected any preferential treatment with my pre-order code, however I did think it was reasonable to assume that I wouldn't get it later that someone who can order off a website as late as 1st December.
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    FrozenPea said:

Well that's what I'm querying, are people who pre-ordered the Rift + Touch still in a queue system, as in the very first people to pre-order Rift have a higher priority in getting their Touch controllers compared to people who pre-ordered their Rift a bit later?
    Project 2501
    edited November 2016
    @Warbloke are you sure isnt saying "delivery starts on Dec 6th"?
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    I put Touch in my basket on Amazon just to see and it said it would be delivered on the 6th (priority shipping - +£5), not shipped.
    @Applecorp  Ah I see, from what I understand this is the situation, yes.
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    Damn, that means I'll likely get mine shipped later then like 12th to 15th or something.

Ok, going to cancel and order it from Amazon.
    @Applecorp remember you don't get charged until it ships so you can just cancel the other order when one of them ships, obviously there is a risk they will both be shipped the same day :)

If you want to order from Amazon, cancelling from Oculus will be the safer option but if you don't mind risking having a double payment there is still a chance Oculus could ship it first. Although from past experiences it seems like Amazon will still be the best bet, I just don't want you to be disappointed if it goes the other way! :P
    3Jane
    Lol, going by the HMD shipping debacle I'll take my chances with Amazon. Really can't see Oculus shipping first.
    yeah I don't blame you, its pretty hard for any other company to compete with Amazon's shipping

I think the biggest variable is Oculus actually sending Amazon the units on time :P
    3Jane
    Lol that would be my luck.
    Project 2501
    They dont have Touch Controllers in www.amazon.es just UK, but when trying to preorder from UK it cost me more cause of the taxes in Spain.......
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    EliteSPA said:
    @Warbloke are you sure isnt saying "delivery starts on Dec 6th"?

No, it says 'Arriving' on the 6th.
    If I click on Tracking - it says will dispatch on 5th.. arriving 6th.
    See both screenshots below:

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,928 Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2016
    My favourite store John Lewis in UK are saying they'll deliver on the 6th (if ordered before 1st) so they probably receive their share a day or 2 before release date. They don't do international delivery on this item though in case anyone was wondering.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have 2 orders
    Oculus - 6th to 15th Dec
    Amazon UK - says despatch 5th for delivery 7th Dec by 9pm I don't have prime.
    Hesitating on cancelling oculus as amazon still need them to deliver on time.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,896 Valuable Player
    just cancelled my oculus touch pre-order and gone with john lewis.

in the unlikely event something goes wrong i can get to bricks and motar store AND get 2 year warranty.  i would have stuck with oculus but with no bonus at all for ordering direct there is no advantage... and by the sounds of it i may end up with it sooner.

still getting one tho which is all that matters.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)