New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Touch has started processing and being charged! (From Oculus Store)

Comments

• marwood82marwood82 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    cybereality, i placed my touch order on the day they opened so my predicted delivery is showing the same 6-12th dec as everyone else

but weeks later i placed an order for an extra sensor + the headphones, the sensor is showing predicted shipping 12th-20th dec

will i have to wait until all 3 of those are in stock before my order ships or will they ship individually (they all have different order numbers)
  • SorkstryparenSorkstryparen Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Nobbs66 said:
    heppsan said:
    Have anyone that didn't preorder the Rift, only Touch gotten any mails?
    Do to that it took 3 days for my rift to arrive and still haven't heard anything I don't think I will recieve the Touch controllers on launch..

I'd say it's unlike that you'll get touch in the first week of december.

I hope you are wrong an I get the touch before next weekend..
  • mbze430mbze430 Posts: 567
    Trinity
    wth, my touch order is still sitting and I have "priority"
    i7-6900k @ 4.4ghz | Kingston Hyper 64GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz | SLI Nvidia Titan Xp | ASUS Strix Gaming X99 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVMe | 3x Samsung Pro 850 512GB RAID0 | 2x Samsung Pro 850 1TB RAID1 | Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Cooling | Thermaltake Core X5
  • SakkuraSakkura Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    Applecorp said:
    Sakkura said:
    Applecorp said:
    Still no emails at all, sigh.

Definitely can't see me getting it delivered for launch day now, too late for that. Looks like only really early RIft pre-orderers (for the most part) will have that privilege. Oh well, got my Amazon order as back up.
    Why can't you see that? 
    Launch day isn't until Tuesday, and shipping goes pretty fast. The Rift took just over one day for me, across two borders.
    a) It's the weekend coming up and still no emails.

b) Shipping for my Rift took 2 days so I'm assuming the same here.
    Well if it took 2 days, they could presumably ship it Friday and have it there by Tuesday.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    At the rate they're going I'm really not expecting that to happen.
  • EbonyknightEbonyknight Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    I got my order for my Oculular!....damn, Chinese spam....
  • pcenginefxpcenginefx Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I ordered my Rift a few weeks after pre-orders started and now I just got my Touch tracking number - to arrive on Tuesday!
    3Jane
    I ordered my Rift a few weeks after pre-orders started and now I just got my Touch tracking number - to arrive on Tuesday!
    A few weeks? Lol, I really can't work out how Oculus are shipping these things.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    EliteSPA said:
    Please relax. More emails will be sent over the next few days. Thanks.

@cybereality you should better ban me for 2 weeks cause Im getting very angry with the same story again and my patience is running out......

The BS story about preorder touch when purchasing the rift is just that BS, cause some random guy will have the touch before me cause order it from Amazon, sorry but this is crazy....I hope you understand my position about this.
    Goodness. We wouldn't want it to come to that.  For a minute there I was thinking one of your loved ones should consider your involuntary psychiatric admission to a nearby medical facility due to risk of self-inflicted harm.  
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722
    3Jane
    I need something to distract myself. sadly the next RWBY episode is saturday
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited December 2016
    @marwood82 Touch and the ear-phones ship separately. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ScottWoodScottWood Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    First USA, then Canada.  Nature's proper order!
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,952 Valuable Player
    EliteSPA said:
    Please relax. More emails will be sent over the next few days. Thanks.

@cybereality you should better ban me for 2 weeks cause Im getting very angry with the same story again and my patience is running out......

The BS story about preorder touch when purchasing the rift is just that BS, cause some random guy will have the touch before me cause order it from Amazon, sorry but this is crazy....I hope you understand my position about this.

• ScottWoodScottWood Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    kevink808 said:
    I'm fine with that as long as Trump isnt my president elect ;P
  • GtAwyFrmMyRamenGtAwyFrmMyRamen Posts: 135
    Art3mis
    ScottWood said:
    kevink808 said:
    I'm fine with that as long as Trump isnt my president elect ;P

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Well if my Touch controllers don't arrive here in the UK by Weds I shall be extremely peeved.

Why bother going to all these lengths of having your place in the queue reserved with the Rift pre-order and then pre-ordering the Touch controllers on the 10th, the day they first started taking orders, if it's more than likely they can't even get the darn things to you on the day of release?

The Touch controllers are released on the 6th and yet my estimated ship date is somewhere between the 6th and 15th. Why? Surely my estimated ship date should be somewhere between 28th of Nov and 2nd of Dec in order to get them to me on time?

My pre-order Rift arrived over 2 months later than it should have done. That was "extremely" annoying. Now it appears they are going to do it again. All right maybe not by 2 months this time, but you'd think they'd be trying to bend over arse backwards to get their customers orders to them on time after the last debacle. And yes I consider an item I have pre-ordered getting to me on time if it arrives on the day of it's release, that is after all the primary reason for pre-ordering. Anything after that is late.

What was it? "Judge us on the release of the Touch and not on the Rift." Well so far I'm not too impressed with your second attempt at meeting launch dates either.
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722
    3Jane
    Come on Oculus, TAKE MY MONEY!
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • Mike1Mike1 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm with the Canadians, we need some love haha. Maybe it's the trump affect, NAFTA first world issues. 
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    I can't wait until December 7th when the internet explodes with people accusing Oculus of swindling them because their Touch hasn't arrived yet, even though the delivery estimates for early orders have always been "6th through 15th" or something like that.

Obviously I want them ASAP, but as long as I'm getting them in December I won't complain.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Well, I don't have an email and still have about £189 too much in my account. 

I agree with @Chazmeister, even 1 day after the 6th is late. a pretty order with "priority" order status clearly means we will be ahead of any retail outlets and not just other people that order via the oculus site.

I sence shenanigans are afoot
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • harryinthesoupharryinthesoup Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    They are hardly going to release 53 odd Touch games on release day if no one has the Touch to buy and play them.  I  really don't know what you lot are all panicing about. As far as I know they always said shipping starts Dec 6th so what's the issue. However I would be p***ed off if mine didn't arrive but I could go to the local store and buy one. btw I preordered a Nintendo Classic and it arrived on release day so Oculus hopefully will emulate that.
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    People will doubtlessly accuse me of being a smug Vive owning git, but... deja vu, anyone?
  • primocellprimocell Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    OpticKing said:
    primocell said:
    ordered in the first 5 minutes, no email yet. from texas
     Got mine at 1:06pm In Texas. Rift ordered Apr 24, touch Pre-order < 3 min day 1.
    in texas in the first five minutes, havent received any email yet.
    3Jane
    edited December 2016
    Ignore above post, somehow my phone posted that.

Anyway, got the processing email in the early hours of this morning and payment taken. Ordered Rift on Jan 9th, in the UK.

Hmm, looks like Oculus really are aiming to get everyone's Touch delivered for launch day.
  • jmalmstenjmalmsten Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2016
    Well... I just woke up to see both an email from PayPal and Oculus. My Touch has been payed for and processed. 

And I can confirm that indeed, €199 was all it took to get it processed as a customer in Sweden. :D

I doubt they will make the dec 6 date exactly (I'm counting on at least two work days of shipping inside Sweden). But it'll probably be close enough. :D

And I'm a day one preorder guy on both CV1 and Touch and extra sensor (the extra, third,  sensor is expected t process in about 10 days). 
  • juup87juup87 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Scheduled Delivery Date:
    12/08/2016 by End of Day

Two days late but still before weekend :smile:
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited December 2016
    Still no email.....****** and yes Oculus is doing it again!  And ***** all these fanboys and trolls. Priority? My ass!!!! I waited 2 months more for the rift cause the stupid lie about component shortage and now this? You know how to lose customers Oculus. I promise this is the last product I buy from you! You dont deserve my money anymore! And yes guys you can blame me whatever you want I really dont care anymore, some people know that Im telling the fucking true! Great oculus, you are still the same company that doesnt care a shit about customers....
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • rotamirotami Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    STILL TBA. FLASHBACKS FLASHBACKS PLEASE PLEASE DON'T OCULUS DON'T....
    We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.