cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Climb, with Touch

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
Just noticed that The Climb updated. Played a bunch of levels with Touch. 
Very nicely done!
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always thought it was weird that the game shipped without touch support initially, may have to finally buy that one!

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
It's actually really good even with the 360!
But looking forward to try it with touch, whenever that might be..
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star

CLParker said:

I always thought it was weird that the game shipped without touch support initially, may have to finally buy that one!

I enjoyed it with the controller and love it even more now, I can imagine it getting quite exhausting though. 
Then again I'm in crap shape.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Quite a few Vive owners said that games like Audioshield worked as an exercise program for them.  If you're in crap shape, maybe Touch is exactly what you need!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Bavinck1331
Protege
I have already had a slight moment of off balance feeling through it. I work at my local hospital and do a lot of work for the emergency department. I CANNOT go there with oculus rift induced facial damage!
I am definitely glad I got the touch though. Feels much better in the Climb and maybe this constitutes light level exercise (wishful thinking)

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
It's hooooooorrible with the xbox controller. I hung it up to wait for Touch. Couldnt stand it. A lot of the time it's ok but then you do things like grabbing rungs of a upside down ladder and the avatars hands glitch out and refuse to grab hand holds, drove me up the wall. Your hand is able to grab the rung you're on, and not quite able to reach the next one. Gazing and pulling a trigger just doesn't quite cut it.

Pretty sure with Touch controllers is the way it's truly meant to be played.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you haven't bought The climb yet, you should check out the Touch Launch bundle. Good deal if you're interested in two or three of the included games.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Just tried the new location North. And Wow!! It's awesome!! 
Man I'm longing to get my touch now!.. :#
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

inovator
Consultant
Nalex66 I didn't want to pay 50.00 and not have the touch. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the bundle. I was like a kid in a candy store.