cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help !!! My graphic board stopped working ... now I need some tips !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
My graphic board is GTX 970, it has warped due to the hit or weight. What is the minimum specification for a graphic board in order to play the videos 360 degrees ???  I cant buy the GTX 970 right now. 

Also is it possible to fix the warp issue ???

Looking forward for a reply
31 REPLIES 31

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
No idea how that would happen. DO you mean you have "GPU sag" on the PCI-E slot? Don't worry about it. I don't see how you could have actually warped the 970 PCB.
Does it no longer function?

The GTX 960 is the minimum recommended card .  However ,  if it is only watching videos i'm sure you could go lower . 
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
remove oops

cybereality
Grand Champion
See here:
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/170128916778795

You should NOT go lower than the GTX 960. The AMD RX 470 is also acceptable.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

stereoman
Protege
970 isn't that old, when did you buy it because it might be worth checking your manufacturers warranty, if it's defective you could probably get a replacement

also warping sounds very unlikely unless the card has been seriously overheating, if your card is out of warranty you could try removing the cooler and replacing the thermal paste , check the video below you can buy the paste online, silver stuff is the best.

anyway hope this helps, good luck. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXFqoFioWM

flexy123
Superstar
1) remove card and put back in. If possible, try other slot. If the card "warps" (bends down due to weight), use something to prop the card up, like a box, styrofoam etc.

2) Used GTX 970 is rather cheap, check on classifieds.

Stereoman yes, but this likely won't revive a "dead" card. Just saying.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, guys !

I will consider one by one of those tips. 

@Daddoofly78 .. No way, it doesnt work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello   @andyring  .... are you sure the specification can be lower ? What is the minimum ? The 360 videos are my favorite !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello   @andyring  .... are you sure the specification can be lower ? What is the minimum ? The 360 videos are my favorite ! I dont need any better. The Gigabyte in Brazil gives us only 1 year warranty which  Its not enough. The Gigabyte boards frequently bends. The current boards has a protection at both sides.