cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Climb, with Touch

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
Just noticed that The Climb updated. Played a bunch of levels with Touch. 
Very nicely done!
38 REPLIES 38

nalex66
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

Nalex66 I didn't want to pay 50.00 and not have the touch. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the bundle. I was like a kid in a candy store.

Right? I'd been holding off for Touch too, so that deal was perfect for me. I tried the first level of The Climb with the gamepad last night, since I don't have Touch yet--I like the game, but it will be much better with real hands.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

I bit the Bullet and bought it for the Vive. Works well with the Wands once you get use to relaxing the grip. Managed to complete a few climbs and my arms were aching at the end. Boosted SS to 2.5?to get it to look decent on a 1070 and got some judder.

You won't see any visual benefit beyond 2.0, and you're making a lot more work for your video card at that. I had a couple brief "low framerate" warnings on a 1080SC with 2.0 and maxed settings.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Greyman
Superstar
I've had my first experience of the game this evening and although i have a pathological fear of heights, there's definitely something to be said for not looking down.

However, here's a question for you veterans.  How am i supposed to re-chalk my hands, when letting go with the hand that i want to chalk, means that my other hand gets so tired that i fall?  I'm holding the grip button and shaking my hand, like a polaroid picture, but i tend to fall before the chalk arrives.

Any tips would be gratefully received.  

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

Greyman said:

I've had my first experience of the game this evening and although i have a pathological fear of heights, there's definitely something to be said for not looking down.

However, here's a question for you veterans.  How am i supposed to re-chalk my hands, when letting go with the hand that i want to chalk, means that my other hand gets so tired that i fall?  I'm holding the grip button and shaking my hand, like a polaroid picture, but i tend to fall before the chalk arrives.

I have not tried it with the touch yet, so I do not know how fast you'll have to shake your hand.
But if you look at your wrists, you can see an indicator of your fatigue, When You rest with both Hands on a grip they turn blue, when you let go of one hand the one holding the grip turns red, you will then fall.
Make sure you whait with chalking your hand untill that meter is all blue.
Otherwise you won't have time to chalk before loosing your grip.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Greyman
Superstar
Yup. that's what i've been doing, but i think my problem might be with the hand i am trying to get re-chalked.  Maybe my wrist needs more strength to get the right amplitude and frequency of shaking.  You could go blind playing this game ffs . 🙂

Greyman
Superstar
Ah, that's prolly where i'm going wrong.  I'm holding on too tightly.  It's that fear of heights you see.  I'll have to practise a little and get used to using a half press of the trigger.

Thanks

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Greyman said:

Let your stamina regen then let go with one hand and chalk it. Logically you'l fall if you let go and chalk when the stamina gauge is nearly empty. You did notice the blue stamina gauge right?

I feel like this game is meant for Touch, and the game pad was a....accommodation.

Greyman
Superstar
I do know about the blue bar, but even when i let it get fully blue, i still tend to fall.  I must be taking too much time trying to shake the chalk onto my hand.  Just need practise perhaps, as i have a similar problem when trying to sweep pebbles from a ledge.

I will try to master the "half-grip" also, as i understand that will make your grip last longer.

Edit: i am using the Touch by the way.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Tried this for the first time the other night. Very pretty game but I think Windlands beats it hands down for a sense of height and vertigo.

The problem I have is that you're stood on the floor and yet supposedly hanging over a great height. The two senses counteract each other and it breaks the suspension of disbelief. The feeling of height and precariousness only comes back once I'm stood on one of the platforms. If when you looked down you saw two legs with the feet digging in to get a grip on the rock face, I think that would go a long way to kidding my brain into thinking I'm there. 

I'll try it again later tonight and see if I feel any different. Just been on Windlands again and phew, that still makes me feel uneasy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't make any changes to the graphics settings! Not with the touch controllers and not with the gamepad. Any help?