New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dead And Buried (not) free?

schmeltzerschmeltzer Posts: 297
Art3mis
edited December 2016 in Games and Apps
Hi,

I just got my redeem code for the free Touch games and D&B wasn't in there. I thought it was free:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-touch-tuesdays-dead-and-buried/

In the stores it says 40 euro's. Is this correct?

Comments

• schmeltzerschmeltzer Posts: 297
    Art3mis
    Edit: and on reddit I see that 
    • Bonus free Quill
    • Bonus free Medium
    Should be free as well......
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,077 Poster of the Week
    Wait another 13 hours, it will sort its self out. It's not the 6th yet.

I could be wrong but pretty sure...see above.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Dead & Buried is free for Touch owners, but you have to activate your controllers first. The other titles will probably appear at launch. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • schmeltzerschmeltzer Posts: 297
    Art3mis
    Thanks Cyber, great to know: I almost bought D&B! Gonna spend that money on other games ;)
  • bizjerbizjer Posts: 118
    Art3mis
    cyber I paid for D&B in advance of tomorrow when I'll be getting my touch set. Where do I stand in this regard?
  • Cloud-EnvyCloud-Envy Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'd contact support. Tell them in an easy to understand way what happened. and see if you can get a refund. Also link to this thread. Hope it doesn't get messy for you.

They really should bold that "Free with Oculus Touch Activation!" on dead and buried store page. Lots of people are missing it. Just like me.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,943 Valuable Player
    A banner would definitely help. And I definitely hope people check the forums before giving up and buying it too quickly lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • WiedergodWiedergod Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    Do we know that when your register your touch controllers you are given dead and buried?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,943 Valuable Player
    Yes. 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 247
    Art3mis
    I can confirm, they switch to "purchased" when you add your touch controllers! :-D
    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
  • NoSpoon_42NoSpoon_42 Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    The free games are not switching to purchased for me. It's been two hours. I've rebooted and restarted several times. Any ideas?
  • ashereashere Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    hi I pre order the touch controllers from amazon uk  but wont receive the items until Friday 9 will I still unlock the free games
    The free games are not switching to purchased for me. It's been two hours. I've rebooted and restarted several times. Any ideas?
    Have you already gone through Touch setup? Which games are missing?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    Yes, I've gone through setup and have been playing for several hours. Reset the Oculus. Rebooted. I'm missing Medium, Quill, Dead and Buried and any other of the free ones that should have automatically gone to "purchased". I have the two pre-order bundle ones and I've received the free one that you get with a purchase.
    @NoSpoon_42 Are your Touch controllers new and never used on another system?
    edited December 2016
    Can you try running the full setup (completion of the setup is what triggers the games to appear)?
    It's in the Settings menu under Devices -> Configure Rift -> Run Full Setup
    Brain Burst
    Yes, touch controllers are new and never used on another system. I just did full setup and reset and rebooted. No change.
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,278
    Wintermute
    maybe try closing OH and then reopening it again.  I know that you have done a reboot, but it couldn't hurt right?
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,438
    Project 2501
    @cybereality  and @NoSpoon_42 -  I was having the same issue.  Exiting the Oculus Home client and then bringing it back up (on my desktop)  activated all of the freebies. :smile: :+1:

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
    Good to know. You can do this in the menu Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus
    Brain Burst
    Yeah, I've done that about a hundred times. No freebies.
    I'm really sorry then. I don't know. I'd recommend ticketing in to Oculus Support so we have a record of the issue and we will continue to investigate as more reports come in. Thanks.
    Brain Burst
    Okay
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    I've got same problem  no free games got my code for the preorder bonus but no activation games???.took a ticket 48 hours ago still no answer
  • mordruagmordruag Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same thing is happening to me just like NoSpoon_42 I put in a ticket though yesterday and havent got a responce
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 369
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016
    I received Dead And Buried for free when I connected up my touch, Most probably will never play it as I said before not my type of game
  • GtAwyFrmMyRamenGtAwyFrmMyRamen Posts: 135
    Art3mis
    Dead and Buried servers have been down for a while anyways, for me at least

• alexdfolkalexdfolk Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Just want to add in this thread as well that I am having the same issue. Getting to the point of extreme frustration. Really upset that I have now wasted an entire day off work just trying to get these games downloaded. Have done the full set-up and "First Contact" app like 5 or 6 times now upon multiple PC restarts and countless Oculus Home reboots. This is ridiculous. Shipping delays are one thing, but Oculus's strength is supposed to be software. They can manage to code ATW, ASW, and run a store front... why the hell are they getting this part wrong?
    We're investigating the issue now. Really sorry for the inconvenience.
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 380
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    leo1954au said:
    I received Dead And Buried for free when I connected up my touch, Most probably will never play it as I said before not my type of game
    It's a lot of fun. I had some great games playing it today... You should try it!
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res