cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED : Can't get Medium to work : It returns to Oculus home

Catanonia
Explorer
I have downloaded and installed it twice now and when I click it from Oculus home, I get the loading page and it just returns to Oculus home.

All my other touch content is working fine , except for Medium.

Any ideas ?
34 REPLIES 34

Catanonia
Explorer
The problem seems to be with NTDLL.DLL on Windows 10 Pro

Oculus, has Medium been tested on Windows 10 Pro ?

psycocyril
Explorer
Hi Catanonia. Curious how you diagnosed this to be the issue? Also, did you see a message box with "Oculus Medium has crashed"?

Catanonia
Explorer

Hi Catanonia. Curious how you diagnosed this to be the issue? Also, did you see a message box with "Oculus Medium has crashed"?

Myself and 1 other in the oculus facebook pages have exactly the same issue, both on Windows 10 Pro. All of our other Oculus / Touch titles work perfectly and we have similar systems and both fail exactly the same on Medium.

No messages on screen, but I found the event in the Windows event viewer for Medium and Oculus showing that NTDLL.DLL crashed.

Won't open for me either.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Catanonia
Explorer
Faulting application name: OculusMedium.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x583cc27b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.672, time stamp: 0x580ee321
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039437
Faulting process id: 0x2ef4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d24ffa05ca9859
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\oculus-oculus-medium-retail\bin\OculusMedium.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 506f94e3-0a52-44ad-9f9d-a34df7a1072f
Faulting package full name: 

psycocyril
Explorer
Thanks! Looking into the logs.

psycocyril
Explorer
Interesting. Looks like it is running into trouble trying to create a directory. Sadly I don't have much info on which one (fixing that now). Can you give me any information on if you modified your oculus install directory or your Documents directory?

Hi cyril.  My install is standard, on the C drive.

My documents directory is on a networked drive.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Catanonia
Explorer
My install is on the C drive with 125GB free. My documents is also stored on the network (re-directed). I thought it may be this, but switching off the re-direction is not working as Windows 10 is caching the darn thing.

Run into this before with 1 other program way back that tries to create a directory. If someone could tell us which directories medium creates at launch, we could pre create them and hopefully it may work as a workaround.