cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Support FAQ: LOOK HERE FIRST!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Every Touch pre-order came with a bonus game code that can be redeemed for The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge. The code should have been emailed to you from the store you purchased from, or on your Oculus order history if you bought from Oculus. You can enter the code into the Settings menu of the Oculus app under Settings- > Account -> Redeem Code. You should receive the code in an email shortly after the order ships from Oculus. If you purchased from other stores, they may have a different schedule, but feel free to reach out to their support (for example Amazon or Best Buy support) to receive assistance.

For other games included for free, such as Dead & Buried, Medium, or Quill, they are redeemed by connecting Oculus Touch controllers and completing the full setup. You can get to the setup by going to Settings -> Devices -> Configure Rift -> Run Full Setup. If the games don't appear after the setup is done, try restarting Oculus by going to Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus. PLEASE NOTE, this redemption is triggered once, and only once, and then the games will forever be attached to the account you used when first connecting and setting up the controllers. 

First Contact and Touch Tutorial will also appear after you connect the controllers and finish the setup.

If you are getting a "Not Valid" message when trying to install The Unspoken from your Library, it probably means you have a corrupted file (which could happen if you attempted to install the game prior to release). In this case, you can clean out of corrupted file with these steps.

Shutdown Oculus Runtime
-- Win-R, or windows key then search for `services.msc`
-- Scroll down to find and select `Oculus VR Runtime Service`
-- Right click, 'stop'
-- Leave this window open

Delete `The Unspoken` manifest files
-- Find Oculus games folder
--- By default, this is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\
-- Go to Manifests\ folder within Oculus games folder
-- Delete insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json and insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json.mini

Delete Oculus saved session information
-- Open a File (Windows) Explorer window
-- Enter into the path bar `%APPDATA%\Oculus`
-- Delete the `sessions` folder

Restart Oculus Runtime
-- In services.msc, right click `Oculus VR Runtime Service`, click start
-- Double-click Oculus shortcut on desktop to start the Oculus client

If you are still waiting for your Touch order to be charged, please contact your credit card company or bank and let them know about the upcoming charge. You can tell them the amount of the charge and that it will come from Oculus/Facebook. We will not be held responsible for fraud holds or payment failures caused by your banking institution, and any such holds or declines can delay your shipment.

See our support page for how to setup 2 and 3 sensor experimental setups:
https://support.oculus.com/199906947113632

If you are experiencing senor USB connectivity issues, please try different USB ports (USB 2.0 tends to be more reliable) or purchase this USB add-on card which has been tested and should be working.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

If you have other questions, feel free to post. I will update the FAQ. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
173 REPLIES 173

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

Is there a way to turn of the boundary grid?

While in game if you click the Oculus button on your controller you can quickly disable guardian in the menu system around the bottom left.

Dark3stWhite
Protege

drhat said:

Code received from Amazon not working. Message says unknown error has occurred when redeeming this code

I would double check 0's / O's and others of that sort, that was my issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just checking out Quill and my computer locked up, no mouse or keyboard. Prior to that I was in Nvidia funhouse without a problem. I restarted and opened Oculus in windows and it asks me if I want to setup my Rift

Baxter900
Protege
I was just trying to play the Unspoken and after playing it for long enough the headset and game freezes. I need to hard reset the Oculus Service in order to fix this, and it makes the Unspoken unplayable. I previously ran into this (and still do) in DragonFront, however it's far less often in DragonFront. In DragonFront it'll show up about once a week, give or take. In unspoken it shows up after about 10 minutes.

I've had no issues with any other games. Just these two, and it make DragonFront annoying to play and Unspoken unplayable. The fact that it exists on both indicates to me that it's probably the Oculus Runtime on whatever engine they use that's screwing up.

I'd greatly appreciate any help!

gsokol
Explorer
Hello!  I'm still unable to get Dead and Buried, Quill, and Medium.  I have redone the full setup a handful of times, restarted my PC a few times, and Restarted Oculus by doing the Beta - Restart as you mentioned.  I don't see these for free, nor do I see them in my Not Installed list.  Any ideas what to do next?

Atomicwedgy2
Honored Guest
WHERE IS THE CODE!?
I can't find it in the email or on the website! 
Please help

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege

gsokol said:

Hello!  I'm still unable to get Dead and Buried, Quill, and Medium.  I have redone the full setup a handful of times, restarted my PC a few times, and Restarted Oculus by doing the Beta - Restart as you mentioned.  I don't see these for free, nor do I see them in my Not Installed list.  Any ideas what to do next?

Same issue here. Did the full setup twice, have restarted Oculus or the whole PC a few times. Both Touch halves correctly show as connected and work fine, but the store prices are unchanged.

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
Well, they just started showing as free. I didn't even do a full restart that time; I was just playing around with Region Formatting in Settings to see the other date formats, and when it refreshed and went back to the Store page those items were now Purchased.

martin_cy
Explorer
Amazon.de Customer Service are confused... I just received my pre-ordered Touch controllers this morning and still no codes.. someone reached out to Amazon.de customer services and they replied with bullshit that it only applied to Amazon.co.uk which is wrong...

someone from oculus need to have a chat with them.. and they need to send that e-mail! apparently they started sending them for amazon.co.uk exactly 48h after dispatch, but my touch shipped more then 48h ago so I guess the same does not apply for amazon.de..

EliteSPA
Superstar
1 day late post but thanks @cybereality.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz