cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-resumable downloading structure has been undermining Oculus' market share seriously

newage126
Honored Guest
Hi Oculus, as known the NON-resumable online downloading structure of Oculus home, updates as well as APPs is the only way that users may approch it. However, the connection is not necessarliy unimpeded or fast enough in every country/area. The volume of 1GB download is a minor issue back is US, but it could be horrible when users in China spend a whole night or even a couple of days to download them. Please think about adding the resumable function to your downloads. The dificulty has been stopping many consumers buying Oculus there, you yourself would also choose HTC after the terrible experience of downloading one APP then stopped due to unstable internet connection and retry again over and over. Resumable download is a fundamental customer support, you make players a easy way you get the return of goodwill. Resumable download please!!!
11 REPLIES 11

newage126
Honored Guest
You may not have heard about this issue as this has been one of the points that people were encouraged to buy HTC Vive or SONY PSVR in the local forums, this is really a market killer.  Oculus please pay attention.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

newage126 said:

Hi Oculus, as known the NON-resumable online downloading structure of Oculus home, updates as well as APPs is the only way that users may approch it.

Most downloads are resumable, they restart from where they finished.  If you you downloaded of 2 of 4 gigs and then restart it then you have 2 of 2 gigs left to download and the progress meter starts at 0%.

elboffor
Consultant
I fail to see how this issue (which isn't factually correct) has

"been undermining Oculus' market share"

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

newage126
Honored Guest

elboffor said:

The truth is HTC doesn't have this annoying issue, nor microsoft updates or many others...   When more and more people tend to choose HTC, don't u think that Oculus was losing the share?

newage126
Honored Guest

newage126 said:

elboffor said:

The truth is HTC doesn't have this annoying issue, nor microsoft updates or many others...   When more and more people tend to choose HTC, don't u think that Oculus was losing the share?

I meant particular regions where the internet connection is limited and people reach Oculus through VPN

koukon
Honored Guest
UP

newage126
Honored Guest

TwoHedWlf said:

newage126 said:

Hi Oculus, as known the NON-resumable online downloading structure of Oculus home, updates as well as APPs is the only way that users may approch it.

Most downloads are resumable, they restart from where they finished.  If you you downloaded of 2 of 4 gigs and then restart it then you have 2 of 2 gigs left to download and the progress meter starts at 0%.

Not applicable for the Oculus Home i.e. runtime update yet.

newage126
Honored Guest
thanks guys, have figured it out, the download is resumable now, was mislead by those old threads.

newage126
Honored Guest

newage126 said:

TwoHedWlf said:

newage126 said:

Not applicable for the Oculus Home i.e. runtime update yet.

thanks guys, have figured it out, the download is resumable now, was mislead by those old threads.