cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Support FAQ: LOOK HERE FIRST!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Every Touch pre-order came with a bonus game code that can be redeemed for The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge. The code should have been emailed to you from the store you purchased from, or on your Oculus order history if you bought from Oculus. You can enter the code into the Settings menu of the Oculus app under Settings- > Account -> Redeem Code. You should receive the code in an email shortly after the order ships from Oculus. If you purchased from other stores, they may have a different schedule, but feel free to reach out to their support (for example Amazon or Best Buy support) to receive assistance.

For other games included for free, such as Dead & Buried, Medium, or Quill, they are redeemed by connecting Oculus Touch controllers and completing the full setup. You can get to the setup by going to Settings -> Devices -> Configure Rift -> Run Full Setup. If the games don't appear after the setup is done, try restarting Oculus by going to Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus. PLEASE NOTE, this redemption is triggered once, and only once, and then the games will forever be attached to the account you used when first connecting and setting up the controllers. 

First Contact and Touch Tutorial will also appear after you connect the controllers and finish the setup.

If you are getting a "Not Valid" message when trying to install The Unspoken from your Library, it probably means you have a corrupted file (which could happen if you attempted to install the game prior to release). In this case, you can clean out of corrupted file with these steps.

Shutdown Oculus Runtime
-- Win-R, or windows key then search for `services.msc`
-- Scroll down to find and select `Oculus VR Runtime Service`
-- Right click, 'stop'
-- Leave this window open

Delete `The Unspoken` manifest files
-- Find Oculus games folder
--- By default, this is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\
-- Go to Manifests\ folder within Oculus games folder
-- Delete insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json and insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json.mini

Delete Oculus saved session information
-- Open a File (Windows) Explorer window
-- Enter into the path bar `%APPDATA%\Oculus`
-- Delete the `sessions` folder

Restart Oculus Runtime
-- In services.msc, right click `Oculus VR Runtime Service`, click start
-- Double-click Oculus shortcut on desktop to start the Oculus client

If you are still waiting for your Touch order to be charged, please contact your credit card company or bank and let them know about the upcoming charge. You can tell them the amount of the charge and that it will come from Oculus/Facebook. We will not be held responsible for fraud holds or payment failures caused by your banking institution, and any such holds or declines can delay your shipment.

See our support page for how to setup 2 and 3 sensor experimental setups:
https://support.oculus.com/199906947113632

If you are experiencing senor USB connectivity issues, please try different USB ports (USB 2.0 tends to be more reliable) or purchase this USB add-on card which has been tested and should be working.
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

If you have other questions, feel free to post. I will update the FAQ. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
173 REPLIES 173

Therealcrushade
Protege
This is getting ridiculous. I ordered within the very first minutes and my order still shows as pre order!!!

AGL1
Protege
My Touch setup will not complete 😞 

I get to Step 5 'Set Your View' in VR after setting up both sensors and controllers. When I put the Rift on I get the Guardian 'cage' and an eggtimer symbol. The controllers work as I get the light blue blob if i near the cage edge, but no instructions appear in VR !

Help!
Please anybody

AlexG
Protege
- please delete-

AGL1
Protege
OK now working 🙂 I just powered off the PC then restarted and didn't even have to go through Steps 1-4.

Touch is fantastic!!!

NoSpoon_42
Protege
Hello, it's been 26 hours since I've received the Touch controllers and I still don't have Dead and Buried, Quill, and Medium. I've done every single troubleshooting step I've seen multiple times. I've submitted a support ticket. Is there anything else I can do? I'd really like to try those games.

LoneEpidemic
Explorer
When do us Canadians Start to see our orders ship from the Oculus store.  I ordered mine on October 11th.  Day 2 of preorders yet still no Change. I have looked around on some Forums and every Canadian I see posting says no Changes to their orders.

mikegrat
Explorer
@LoneEpidemic This Canadian has his order in transit. Expected delivery tomorrow (UPS of course). I placed my order on the 11th also. However I believe the queue is based on the original Rift pre-order. At the bottom of my Touch order it says "Effective order date: 6 January 2015".

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Another Canadian here with Touch (priority pre-order) on the way. Mine is due for delivery tomorrow (Toronto), and is currently making its way through Ohio according to UPS.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Greyman
Superstar
Are the guardian walls displayed all of the time or do they just appear when you get close to them?  

I have a very small play area and the walls are always visible.

edit: answered elsewhere, by @danknugz and it would appear that the walls do only appear when you get close to the edge of the area.  I really do need a bigger room to play in 

LoneEpidemic
Explorer
if it's based on priority pre-order of the rift that's bullshit.   Mine was pre-ordered as a gift from the wife so what I gotta wait for.my touch cause I ordered those myself.  as usual Oculus is making a debacle of shipping.  All pre-orders should have been labeled and ready to ship on the the 6th.