cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Touch controller tracking bug?

Nikorasu
Adventurer
I just spent about an hour in Medium, and several times, one of the controllers would stop tracking right, and start spiraling around my hand for a few seconds, then pop back to normal. Pretty sure I was well within the view of both cameras, and it's only happened to me in Medium so far. If I wasn't so sleepy, I'd go back in an see if it replicates. I'll update if when I can, whether it replicates or not.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
26 REPLIES 26

Johnny3D
Protege
It happened to me a few times too. Not sure why.

Kianoni
Explorer
Same here, some weird tracking issue with right hand occasionally

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Ok, well this morning I've been playing with a couple games.. And while in Home, I noticed this happen again a couple minutes ago, so now I know it wasn't just Medium. I guess I'll make a post in the main support forum.

MrSpoony
Explorer
I have noticed some weirdness, but I assume it's just when my hand disappears from vision of both sensors.

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Naw, this is worse than just an occlusion glitch, I'm well within the view of both cameras, and it's very comical when it happens. The hand literally spirals out from my real hand, and it still knows where that hand is, cause I can move it, and it spirals around in the new locations. oddly enough.
I posted it in the general support area tho, since I now know it wasn't just Medium:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/46006/touch-controller-spinning-spiraling-out-from-re...

jtelfer
Protege
Had this happen once in Medium today exactly as OP described - the controller started doing some weird spiral orbit then suddenly snapped back into the right position. Touch dev so I've had these for quite a while and it's the first time I've ever seen that happen.

Orkel
Adventurer
Yeah this has happened to me maybe 3 times so far during my day of Touch usage. The hand starts wobbling and spiraling, which lasts for a couple of seconds before returning to normal.
Happened on both Medium and Dead&Buried

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind posting these log files to help us track down the problem?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

help us track down the problem?

I see what you did there.