Odd Touch controller tracking bug? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Odd Touch controller tracking bug?

NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 100
Art3mis
I just spent about an hour in Medium, and several times, one of the controllers would stop tracking right, and start spiraling around my hand for a few seconds, then pop back to normal. Pretty sure I was well within the view of both cameras, and it's only happened to me in Medium so far. If I wasn't so sleepy, I'd go back in an see if it replicates. I'll update if when I can, whether it replicates or not.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Comments

• Johnny3DJohnny3D Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    It happened to me a few times too. Not sure why.
  • KianoniKianoni Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Same here, some weird tracking issue with right hand occasionally
  • NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Ok, well this morning I've been playing with a couple games.. And while in Home, I noticed this happen again a couple minutes ago, so now I know it wasn't just Medium. I guess I'll make a post in the main support forum.
  • MrSpoonyMrSpoony Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    I have noticed some weirdness, but I assume it's just when my hand disappears from vision of both sensors.
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Naw, this is worse than just an occlusion glitch, I'm well within the view of both cameras, and it's very comical when it happens. The hand literally spirals out from my real hand, and it still knows where that hand is, cause I can move it, and it spirals around in the new locations. oddly enough.
    I posted it in the general support area tho, since I now know it wasn't just Medium:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/46006/touch-controller-spinning-spiraling-out-from-real-hand/

• jtelferjtelfer Posts: 109
    Art3mis
    Had this happen once in Medium today exactly as OP described - the controller started doing some weird spiral orbit then suddenly snapped back into the right position. Touch dev so I've had these for quite a while and it's the first time I've ever seen that happen.
  • OrkelOrkel Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah this has happened to me maybe 3 times so far during my day of Touch usage. The hand starts wobbling and spiraling, which lasts for a couple of seconds before returning to normal.
    Happened on both Medium and Dead&Buried
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind posting these log files to help us track down the problem?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    help us track down the problem?
    I see what you did there.
    Art3mis
    Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind posting these log files to help us track down the problem?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Thanks.
    Ok, I hope this helps.
  • routb3droutb3d Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    Ahhh.. This seems to happen on the vive as well.. Here's to hoping the fix for Oculus also fixes the vive.. Medium is so good! Thanks devs for your great work. I can't wait to see where medium goes. :) Until then, medium is fun and completely usable to sculpt in VR.
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,680 Valuable Player
    It's happened to me. I have one of my sensors on USB-2. Anyone else?
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    I've been having this issue also. Thought I might have been hiding one of the controllers from view, but not so. Either controller will just start spiralling around for a few seconds, then stop. So far this has only happened in Medium.

Also. the handedness of the controllers kept swapping this evening while I was scaling / rotating layers. 
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
  • SmallpolySmallpoly Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Me too. Thank devs for that undo button.
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    I had the same issues last night and I'm well within view of the cameras. Only noticed it on medium.
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    I noticed this as well only in Medium, I can post log files too if that helps.

It seems to happen to me once I've been in Medium for over a certain period of time, normally like an hour or so.

I've spend a few hours in games like Dead and Buried and never had any problems.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,355 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I get this too (in Medium). Both controllers in full view of both sensors, but randomly one hand or the other will start wobbling violently. Luckily for me, it seems to happen more often with the right hand, which is my support hand in Medium, so at least it doesn't mess up me work too much. When it happens I stop what I'm doing and wave my controller in front of the sensor, although I can't say that it helps.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,680 Valuable Player
    I have developed an annoying habit of gradually rotating clockwise, IRL while I'm in Medium. The wobbly tool hand effect tips me off I need to turn back round. Not saying there isn't something up because I've had this when both hands were definitely in view of the cameras but it's definitely something that happens when one of the controllers is out of view, too.
  • TempleTigerTempleTiger Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just had a spiraling controller a few times in space pirate trainer after an extended play session. It's more common in medium, but I have also spend quite som time doodling. I have 3 sensors. It does not seem like I'm hiding either touch controller from the sensors, but sometimes I question if they are too close.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    by any chance, is the spiralling hand near the rear sensor which is on the longest usb cable?
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • MetronsMetrons Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    no fix for this yet it seems? this is still happening for me in medium...its driving me insane.
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 195 Oculus Staff
    We just fixed this with 2.2.4, out last week! Update your Medium, and your drivers, and try it out! :D 
    Brain Burst
    This was recorded in 2.2.4 today. This has been happening all week. I've adjusted my sensors about a dozen times now. nothing is working. 

Brain Burst
    edited February 28
    I updated my USB driver, things were working fine for ...30 minutes? now it's back to compete chaos again...WTF!!!???
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 195 Oculus Staff
    OH! I thought you were describing another touch controller tracking bug. So so sorry for misunderstanding. 
    Brain Burst
    I found out the problem wasn't actually a usb driver update. The problem was Spotify playing in chrome? when spotify is playing medium FREAKS out. I played spotify with the default app in windows and there were no issues. Something about spotify in chrome makes medium go nuts???