Amazon UK Preorder Code — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Amazon UK Preorder Code

maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
Hiro Protagonist
has anyone got a email with the game codes my touch came this morning but no codes :(

Comments

• SpaceOwlSpaceOwl Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same here. I contacted them and was initially topld the promotion didnt exist. Then i was told that because i had opted for free shipping i would be ineligble for it due to the T&C's. I think whoever i spoke to is full of sh*t, but im gonna wait until its been the 48 hours from dispatch, then kick up a storm.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,807 Valuable Player
    I got mine.  But I'm in the US, another user from the UK also said they haven't received theirs either.  They found the ad and posted a link.  I would call Amazon and ask them about two specific things.

#1 - They say they send you an email with the codes within 48 hours of dispatching your order, but those codes MUST be redeemed by today 12/6.  I would ask them how they plan to make you whole if you can't redeem those codes today because if they had not offered that as part of the sale, you wouldn't have made the purchase (Just say it, even though it's probably not true).

#2 - For whatever reason, their ad said you needed to either have an active Xbox live account or Playstation account.  I have neither of those accounts, I don't see what they have to do at all with Oculus Rift but it's mentioned on the advertisment the other user posted.  I'd ask them what that means and what the relevance is to this device that uses neither of those services.
  • juup87juup87 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    falken76 said:

#1 - They say they send you an email with the codes within 48 hours of dispatching your order, but those codes MUST be redeemed by today 12/6.

You got the day right but wrong year 12/06/2017.
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    i have sent a message to amazon but not had a reply yet
    Hiro Protagonist
    this is my reply:-

I've checked this for you and I see that  you'll receive a promotional code to access VR Sports Challenge and The Unspoken games (the “Offer”). Your code will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch. Please note that the Offer is only valid on Oculus platform accounts registered in the UK . Amazon delivers the parcel to you and Oculus will send you an email with the pre-order code.

In an unlikely event, if you don't receive the pre-order code, please contact the manufacturer directly and they will provide you the code .

Please do contact us if you have any further queries.

so will see tomorrow

fingers crossed

• TheMaster0071TheMaster0071 Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    @cybereality Can you let us know about this please, I am waiting on my codes also.

Thanks - John
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Maybe there is some confusion. It was my understanding that retailers had their own codes to email customers. I can check on this in the morning. Sorry for the wait.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    Maybe there is some confusion. It was my understanding that retailers had their own codes to email customers. I can check on this in the morning. Sorry for the wait.
    No worries, Amazon don't see to know what's going on either. I thought we only had until the 12th to redeem the codes and I am going to be away.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The codes should last about a year, so don't worry about that.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • n1Colan1Cola Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
    I have used Amazon UK chat support, and this is response i got from agent :) 
    Thanks for your patience. I checked the details for you and found that as the Oculus Touch Controller is discussing with amazon to upload the offer on the website, as it is not yet uploaded , however, once it is confirmed and uploaded in our website about the offer, you'll definitely get it.

I hope i will get the codes, even if Amazon will ship my touch after Dec.6 I placed order on Dec. 4.

The offer was on product page prior Dec.6 : 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Df6l-8W4L.jpg

EDIT:

Just revived email with code, all is good, now Amazon please dispatch my Touch !

• clyveclyve Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Same here! Ordered from amazon.de, have the controllers with super fast delivery, but no codes at all.
    Contacted them, will see what happens.

• n1Colan1Cola Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ok, i have just received email from Amazon with code. :)
    So just be patient.

• nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    code received, thank godness came around 8am so it will come. One code giving both titles
    Art3mis
    I got 1 code but at work so will try it later
  • clyveclyve Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Just got reply from amazon.de, they will send the codes in 2-3 days. :)
    Amazing service and delivery from Amazon.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    I just got my code email. It's only one code, but it activates two games.

I also got 'news of savings for preordering' - a whole 99 pence!! :D

• WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane

I got 2 emails from Amazon UK.

first one is something about saving 0.99 with their pre-order price guarantee.
    apparently the price decreased from 189.99 to 189.00 so they gave the cheaper price.

Second one is the code.

Its just one code - and it says I qualified for a 'free game download'

Does the one code unlock both games ?

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    at least Amazon ordering rift products has been a success..we made it!! haha
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    @Warbloke I only got 1 code from Oculus and it redeemed both games :)
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    I looked in the box only so far for a peek.  Looks nice.
    Its been 'decided' that this can now be a Christmas present so its going to have to wait.

Actually suits me anyways - more time over Christmas to set it up, and my motivation is low just now as by right contact lens has been really irritating my eye and has had to come out for a while. (the lens not my eye).

I don't like the rift with glasses so hopefully by then my eye will be ok and I can wear perhaps a different lens or something so that my Touch experience will be good.

I was waiting to see what actually happened with the code for the free games.
    I read on another thread there is no rush to activate the codes so I guess that's my concern gone.

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 
  • martin_cymartin_cy Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    clyve said:
    Just got reply from amazon.de, they will send the codes in 2-3 days. :)
    Amazing service and delivery from Amazon.
    awesome, I'm also waiting for amazon.de codes and got touch already :) i guess we can wait a few days.. there are plenty of other things to play in the mean time :) was testing out budgets cuts demo this morning.. damn i suck at throwing knives.... releasing the button is just not the same as releasing a real knife.
  • SolslandSolsland Posts: 278
    Nexus 6
    My Touch shipped Monday and is due for delivery today from Amazon UK. Received the email with the code for the free games this morning. Strangely, the tracking code does not work when I try to check progress, hopefully not anything to worry about.
  • HoIIywoodHoIIywood Posts: 325
    Trinity
    My preorder code arrived by email a day following the delivery. FYI, Amazon offshore and general help lines knew nothing about these codes - couldn't even confirm the item was a 'pre order.'

You'll just have to trust that their developers programmed this ahead of time and the automated system will handle it. Otherwise, I suspect a call to Oculus can sort it out - surely they registered the serial numbers before hand.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I got my code from Amazon this morning, so all is good :-)