cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the furthest apart it's letting you have the two front cameras?

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I've heard a couple people say it forced them to move their cameras closer to each other - I don't have my Touch yet (it's stuck in UPS hell), but I already set up mounts for them and I wanted as full room-scale as I could get so my cameras are 12 feet apart. I could probably get them 3 feet closer together and play with their angles to get the same area, though there'd be more occludable space. But is even that too far?
9 REPLIES 9

When i set it up it kept saying "should be 3 to 6ft apart.  I messed around a bit, moved them a bit closer, it said it again.

I just clicked Next and it's been fine.

I think it was talking about the sensors... lol
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
Oh, as long as it lets you click Next, then it's fine, thanks. I was fearing it would force things, like how with one camera it won't let you proceed with calibration if you aren't standing close enough to the sensor.

msm903
Protege
There was some information that stated that if you are doing the 360 setup that you just hit next if you receive that error message. I was stuck on it for ages before I found that documentation. All works fine now. Well except my sensor keeps disconnecting

Applecorp
Rising Star
Tested mine earlier by moving them further apart, around about 9 feet, although setup told me they were too far apart it worked 100% fine. Looking good for my diagonal room scale setup with two sensors when my USB extension cable comes tomorrow.

Don't see why 12 feet apart would be a problem when the sensors appear to have a range of easily 8 feet each

mbze430
Rising Star
I have mine about 4.5-5' apart  But I still sometime get "stuck" hands in VR
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Applecorp
Rising Star

mbze430 said:

That should only happen if the controllers line of sight to the sensor is blocked, nothing to do with how far your sensors are apart.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
^

If anything you would want to put them more than 4 or 5 feet apart, not closer.

Applecorp
Rising Star

^

If anything you would want to put them more than 4 or 5 feet apart, not closer.

Indeed.

mbze430
Rising Star

Applecorp said:

mbze430 said:

That should only happen if the controllers line of sight to the sensor is blocked, nothing to do with how far your sensors are apart.

tell that to my sensors... nothing blocking them
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe