Bullet Train — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Bullet Train

I have entered the matrix!

Comments

• RRoman85RRoman85 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Lol that's how I felt
  • thealgorithmthealgorithm Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    What an experience that playable demo is.  So far I would say that it is probably the most immersive touch experience I have seen.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,823 Valuable Player
    absolutely sublime demo and makes me realise that despite the hate it gets, that method of locomotion in game works quite well imo.  Really looking forward to RobRecall and hope it has the same polish
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • MrSpoonyMrSpoony Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    It really is brilliant, loved that demo.
  • Jamesparker_1Jamesparker_1 Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    Have you tried Super Hot? That's pretty cool too! I just need to make my play space larger! 
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    My brother just said the same thing when I let him have a go.

I thought Robo Recall demo was available??? I don't see it? Or is it just for some people? I.e developers, journalists etc..
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I loved Bullet Train, played it again straight away after I finished it the first time! Made me buy Superhot but haven't tried that yet.

@whoa182 Robo Recall doesn't come out till early 2017 :)
  • kornykidd0kornykidd0 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Superhot is epic fun in VR. They really nailed it. 
  • SpiceLife72SpiceLife72 Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    Wow at this demo, catching bullets made me smile a lot.  I don't quite get superhot yet, everything stays still unless you move.  Am I missing something?
    Trinity
    Wow at this demo, catching bullets made me smile a lot.  I don't quite get superhot yet, everything stays still unless you move.  Am I missing something?
    I haven't played it yet, but I think you have to move your hands, and this makes time progress
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • Baz_uKBaz_uK Posts: 136
    Art3mis
    Yea, favorite title, just had an hour and half with Touch and most of it was in bullet train, I'm not a fan of tele-porting. ...but this just works!! I LOVE tele-porting behind an enemy, pick up a gun while he has his back to me and just shoot him in the head! drops like a sack of sh*t. AMAZING!! 
    Brain Burst
    Yeah the point of superhot is time barely moves if you're still, but as you move or perform actions time moves forward. The faster/more distance you move the faster time moves. You use this to plan/perform your attacks to take out all the enemies. It's like making a John Woo movie. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's awesome once you get the hang of it. 
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Bullet Train was stunning - Now I can't wait for Robo Recall.
  • MrSpoonyMrSpoony Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    Yeah the point of superhot is time barely moves if you're still, but as you move or perform actions time moves forward. The faster/more distance you move the faster time moves. You use this to plan/perform your attacks to take out all the enemies. It's like making a John Woo movie. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's awesome once you get the hang of it. 
    I fell over twice playing it, trying to be Neo dodging bullets!  :D
  • CharlieHobbesCharlieHobbes Posts: 555
    Neo
    MrSpoony said:
    I fell over twice playing it, trying to be Neo dodging bullets!  :D
    I love Super Hot but I find it exhausting because I keep freezing in these weird poses trying to figure out my next move. It's like Yoga with guns.
  • EbonyknightEbonyknight Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    I love Super Hot but I find it exhausting because I keep freezing in these weird poses trying to figure out my next move. It's like Yoga with guns.
    Man, you have patience.  I find that to be annoying.  The game suddenly freezes and I forget why..  :D
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Bullet Train was stunning - Now I can't wait for Robo Recall.
    This, basically.

All the stuff I've played with Touch has been good or great but Bullet Train is something else, so polished in every aspect.
    Art3mis
    Ohhhh ummm. ,,,,I'm on edge to got hot shot or not,  it's a little expensive and apparently very short, but I adore bullet train......ark. then again not tried dead and burried yet which I here is an experience! I bet F.E.A.R would have been amazing with proper rift and touch support lol ...still plenty of new stuff coming 
    Brain Burst
    Dead and buried was very annoying bc nobody was on it. I sat around for ages trying to find matches. I assume it will be better once more people get their packages though. It plays well and looks good, but it's not challenging or very engaging for the long term I think. If you've never played a Vive shooter I can imagine you'll get a kick out of it but I think there are far better mp gun games available. Still...freebies are nice and this IS a nice freebie. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @Baz_uK F.E.A.R. in VR would be sick.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    OK,  thanks for I found.  Thought the same with alt space,  got all excited, but hardly nobody was there and nothing to do.so e gut put a funny YouTube video on the main screen, that was kind of cool. 
  • VetkinVetkin Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Anyone try catching bullets with their hands in super hot after playing bullet train?  :D I kept expecting it to work.
  • NYdeathgrindNYdeathgrind Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    the demo is not playing in my headset. any ideas? im using a gtx1080 on an i7-6700

• HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
    3Jane
    @Baz_uK F.E.A.R. in VR would be sick.
    Don't play it near a window ^^
  • HoIIywoodHoIIywood Posts: 325
    Trinity
    Just to clarify for anyone whom is looking for this and can't understand some of the confusion.
    Bullet Train was cancelled - at least as "Bullet Train" and will release as Robo Recall next year (Free to any Touch owners[?]). 

The demo that people were playing on the DK2 is now available in the Home store for CV1, at no cost.

I am surprised there was not more marketing about this around the Touch launch date.
  • TraprockTraprock Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    I'm having trouble getting past the gun models being so basic.  The details in the rest of the game are so much more fleshed out.  The rest looks fantastic.

• dtrjonesdtrjones Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Bullet Train is a great demo. Looking at all the videos it was the least I was exited about, however once you are in VR it all changes. Just seeing full sized men the otherside of the train doors with guns give me goosbumps, what a fun demo!!! Can't wait for Robo Recall!!!!!!!!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,787 Valuable Player
    whoa182 said:

I thought Robo Recall demo was available??? I don't see it? Or is it just for some people? I.e developers, journalists etc..

No it's MUCH better.  We get the full game for free since we bought the touch when it came out.  It comes out in 2017.  Hopefully in January.
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    I loved this demo! It's like the matrix xD I recorded a video of my first time playing it, I was so into it haha. I've since rearranged my room and have lots of space now = )  I wish they'd release the demo of robo recall to us...  pleaaaaase! 

Trinity
    falken76 said:
    whoa182 said:

No it's MUCH better.  We get the full game for free since we bought the touch when it came out.  It comes out in 2017.  Hopefully in January.
    Oh I forgot that we get it for free! :D I can't believe all the amazing stuff we got free with touch.