cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED : Can't get Medium to work : It returns to Oculus home

Catanonia
Explorer
I have downloaded and installed it twice now and when I click it from Oculus home, I get the loading page and it just returns to Oculus home.

All my other touch content is working fine , except for Medium.

Any ideas ?
34 REPLIES 34

psycocyril
Explorer
Aha thanks this is super helpful.
I'll make sure that we add networked Documents directories to our test pass and support that as best we can (I'll need to dig in to understand exactly what is happening).
In the mean time the quickest way to get you up and running will be to change where the Medium Library is set up. This will involve using regedit.exe to edit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Medium\LibraryDirectory to point somewhere else (by default it will point to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Medium).
Please let me know if this works as a workaround for now.

1b2xllof008m.png

I'm ready for my Artist Spotlight live stream.   🙂
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Catanonia
Explorer

I'll make sure that we add networked Documents directories to our test pass and support that as best we can (I'll need to dig in to understand exactly what is happening).
In the mean time the quickest way to get you up and running will be to change where the Medium Library is set up. This will involve using regedit.exe to edit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Medium\LibraryDirectory to point somewhere else (by default it will point to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Medium).

Awesome and many thanks for the massive turnaround on this.

For your reference, my reg key was almost right, it was  
cat-nas\User Data\Steve Allan\Redirected\Documents\Medium

It is missing the two \\   (2 backslashes) from the beginning it should have read

\\cat-nas\User Data\Steve Allan\Redirected\Documents\Medium

But this didn't work either.

So I set mine to d:\scratch Folder\Oculus Medium and Medium now works 🙂 🙂

Many many thanks for taking this on board and finding a workaround for us so quickly.

Regards

Happy Oculus user 🙂

ckelley1311
Explorer
I am having issues with Medium on windows 10 not starting. No crashes, no error codes- it just will not start. I have re-installed/rebooted ; tried launching from within the headset and from the PC itself. No luck as of yet.

ckelley1311
Explorer
My documents library is on the local machine "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Medium" but is doing the same the other person had happen.

RobotSandwich
Explorer

I am having issues with Medium on windows 10 not starting. No crashes, no error codes- it just will not start. I have re-installed/rebooted ; tried launching from within the headset and from the PC itself. No luck as of yet.

im having the same issue....im using windows 10 enterprise...nothing in this thread worked for me

RobotSandwich
Explorer
Talked to a developer....had me go into device manager and right click on my monitor and update the drivers for the monitor itself...that worked for me.

ferch_
Honored Guest
For me, it seems like remote desktop and/or f.lux was causing the problem. I uninstalled Splashtop, Duet, and f.lux, updated my video card drivers (nvidia) to the latest version, and Medium started working perfectly.

ElmoTheGr8
Honored Guest

Hi, my Medium is crashing too but with an error message:

Opengl high error: 1282 -- GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. Cannot modify the default framebuffer object.

Would your method work for me also? If so would you mind breaking it down a little as I'm new to this? Thanks

Emomilol1213
Honored Guest
Running Win 10 Home, got Documents on E:\USER\Documents\Medium . No crash message, tried changing directories in regedit, updating GPU drivers, updating monitor drivers but still not working. I do however get an error in event viewer when I try to launch Medium

The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

07/12 21:42:07.153 {!ERROR!} [LibraryItem] 
Error [4294967295] returned from library item oculus-oculus-medium-retail