cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED : Can't get Medium to work : It returns to Oculus home

Catanonia
Explorer
I have downloaded and installed it twice now and when I click it from Oculus home, I get the loading page and it just returns to Oculus home.

All my other touch content is working fine , except for Medium.

Any ideas ?
34 REPLIES 34

Shaosil
Explorer

Running Win 10 Home, got Documents on E:\USER\Documents\Medium . No crash message, tried changing directories in regedit, updating GPU drivers, updating monitor drivers but still not working. I do however get an error in event viewer when I try to launch Medium

The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

07/12 21:42:07.153 {!ERROR!} [LibraryItem] 
Error [4294967295] returned from library item oculus-oculus-medium-retail

I had a separate thread about this exact issue. You can find my solution here.

Nutnhoney
Protege
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC68601865 (_1_helloworld.dll) in OculusMedium.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.
00007FFC68601865  blendvps    xmm3,xmm7,xmm0  

This instruction requires SSE4.1 which my AMD Phenom II X6 does not support.

dpearcy
Honored Guest

Aha thanks this is super helpful.
I'll make sure that we add networked Documents directories to our test pass and support that as best we can (I'll need to dig in to understand exactly what is happening).
In the mean time the quickest way to get you up and running will be to change where the Medium Library is set up. This will involve using regedit.exe to edit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Medium\LibraryDirectory to point somewhere else (by default it will point to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Medium).
Please let me know if this works as a workaround for now.

Hi, my Medium is crashing too but with an error message:

Opengl high error: 1282 -- GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. Cannot modify the default framebuffer object.

Would your method work for me also? If so would you mind breaking it down a little as I'm new to this? Thanks

I get this same error. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how best to troubleshoot? Everything else is working perfectly.

thhrash
Explorer
Yes, I get the same type of error (different verbage but same error code).  And Quill will just show a black screen with four strange characters on upper left on the PC window

Opengl high error: 1282 -- GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. Function gl_Push_Attrib is depreciated and not available in preview contexts

FatMcNasty
Explorer
Im getting this as well.. 

Opengl high error: 1282 -- GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. Cannot modify the default framebuffer object.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure you don't have any GPU overlay/monitor apps running like RivaTuner, Afterburner, Precision, etc.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Proskurinartwor
Honored Guest
nope doesnt work, same error medium opens and quits the white screen on the desktop 
and thats it, no overlays running 

updated drivers 10 miutes ago, still nothing.. 😕 
error is

Sypherx
Honored Guest
I'm on Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition and getting this error when in trying to start Medium:

GLFW Error [65542]: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

MattHickman
Rising Star

Sypherx said:

I'm on Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition and getting this error when in trying to start Medium:

Have you tried all of the above? Make sure updated GPU drivers, make sure no GPU overlays or tuners are on.

Sypherx
Honored Guest

Sypherx said:

Have you tried all of the above? Make sure updated GPU drivers, make sure no GPU overlays or tuners are on.

My GPU drivers are up to date, and I deleted EVGA OCX.  I have Geforce Experience GPU overlay turned off.  I don't know what is going on.  This is the only application that doesn't work and it used to work.  I haven't made any hardware changes.  I haven't installed any new software, virus protection, or GPU overlays.  All i did was update my GPU driver.  It thought it maybe that so I rolled back my GPU drivers and I'm getting the same error.  So now i have fresh installed the most recent GPU drivers and still nothing.  UGH!!!