cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controller spinning/spiraling out from real hand..

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Every once in a while, maybe every 5-10 minutes or so, even when in view of both cameras, I've noticed one of my hands, usually the left hand, but sometimes the right too, will start spinning/vibrating a bit, which gets worse over the next couple seconds, until the virtual hand/controller is violently spiraling around where my real hand is positioned. Then, after another couple seconds, it pops back to normal and stops, till it happens again a little later.

At first I noticed it in Medium, cause I spent a few hours in that, but I just noticed it in Home too, so now I know it happens across everything. 😞
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd recommend contacting support: https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Are your sensors getting enough power? Maybe one of them is dropping out or the controller itself is faulty.

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Well, I've heard from a couple other people, that have also noticed this happen.. but yeah, maybe I should.
I originally posted this in the Medium forum, cause it kept happening when I was using that app, but I think that's just cause how long I was using it for. And because other people using Medium also tend to spend a lot of time in it, a couple other people noticed it happening too.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/45967/odd-touch-controller-tracking-bug

Nikorasu
Adventurer
I mean, it makes me feel a little better, knowing other people are noticing this too.. But I'm still a little worried about this, cause on delivery, my Touch box was tossed rather violently off the UPS truck, couple box corners dented in a bit, and things were a bit ajar inside the package, tho everything seems to work fine at first glance. 😕 Hopefully that has nothing to do with it. It works great the rest of the time.
I'm gonna try restarting, and re-running the full setup/calibration again, see if maybe that helps.
Also, I messaged support, hopefully they have a solution.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's not normal. It's certainly possible it's some sort of defect, but I wouldn't rule out an issue on the computer (for example, low USB bandwidth). Best to contact Oculus Support so we have a record. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

xyphic
Explorer
I'm having similar issues. Mine manifests as a degradation of tracking of the right hand over time. I've mostly been playing Eleven: Table Tennis VR which is a SteamVR game, and it starts happening after around 30 minutes of game time. I don't think mine is an issue with low USB bandwidth, as I've tried various configurations including ensuring the two sensors are on different USB controllers.

The problem persists into Oculus Home and any games launched from there. It seems to go away if I rerun the sensor setup. I've raised a support ticket with these details and a set of log files as per one of the other threads.

Nikorasu
Adventurer

That's not normal. It's certainly possible it's some sort of defect, but I wouldn't rule out an issue on the computer (for example, low USB bandwidth). Best to contact Oculus Support so we have a record. Thanks.

I contacted support earlier today. Also I posted the logs you asked for in the other thread:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/464457/#Comment_464457

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, thanks. I will share this with the team to see if we can find anything. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had it tonight during dead and buried, looked like I had parkinsons for a second but I moved my hand and it stopped

Thug
Heroic Explorer
I have had it, but thought it may have been if my hand had just gone out of sight of the sensor, but couldn't confirm it as I had my HMD on.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),